Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor-Pavlik: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I said before the fights last night that Pavlik and Miranda would beat Taylor and I stand by that......

Comment

if pavlik fights like he did gainst miranda he'll ko taylor quite easly

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
        After seeing Pavlik's performance last night, I want to see him against Taylor. My money would be on Taylor, but I think Pavlik could give him the toughest fight of his career and he would be the first fighter that could check Taylor's chin. Taylor's fought nothing but light-hitting fighters throughout his career...
        I agree here, I think Taylor would get a close decision, if he can survive Pavlik's hard shots, but as you said Pavlik would take it to him, and could possibly win.

Comment

I wont give up on Taylor yet although I could hardly pay attention to his fight last night. He can fight going backwards, Miranda clearly couldnt. He can beat Pavlik.

Comment

jermain taylor has no bread and butter. he has nothing that brings him to the dance. he has no outstanding characteristic. this is the 3rd consecutive fight that taylor has fought a former jr middle champ and in each of those fights, expectations were not met for taylor.

taylor is a wasted talent. pavlik is a complete fighter.

pavlik by TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunstar1 View Post
              I don't see 95% of this forum calling people phag or say I owned you. Maybe a few people not the 95% you talk about. I use the owned smiles more then anyone else here and I do it in all good fun, nothing serious.

How would you like if I call Wlad, Froch, Calzaghe and Hatton frauds??

Anyway did you know Pavlik fought little guys most of his career??
              Are you prejudiced against white boxers, Gunstar1? I've never seen you post a positive word about a white fighter. You're always negative about Hatton and Calzaghe, and now that there's finally a top white boxer in the US, namely Kelly Pavlik, you're negative about him too.

Comment

I'd pick Taylor to win by decision. Last night was not his best, and he would look way better against a fighter who came forward and wanted to knock him out. After the first round I saw how crazy fast Spinks was and knew Jermain wouldn't KO him unless it was one big punch. Spinks can beat some middleweights just off his speed. Pavlik looked very good against a fighter who is just strong. He ain't really good technically. Miranda didn't even cover up good. I give him credit, I think Miranda was willing to die in that ring. He kept getting up but his face was looking bad and he was clearly done.

Comment

Originally posted by JD1986 View Post
                  Are you prejudiced against white boxers, Gunstar1? I've never seen you post a positive word about a white fighter. You're always negative about Hatton and Calzaghe, and now that there's finally a top white boxer in the US, namely Kelly Pavlik, you're negative about him too.
                  Yes I'm, I hate the damn whitey's just like you hate all the damn blacky's.

Comment

Pavlik would destroy the fraud called taylor. Run taylor, you want more money you greedy ****. Probably made like 3-4 million if not more fighting that boring ass fight of corey spinks. Taylor should have lost on the score cards just because he did fight spinks fight. Spinks might not have landed as much, but taylor should have ko'd spinks!!!

And out of all Taylors fights, he has never fought as great as an offense as Pavlik has. Pavlik's offense is far superrior. He'd break down taylors defense and make him bleed.

Comment

I honestly doubt the fight will happen. Taylors last fights have been against Hopkins, Wright, and Ouma. Not exactly the hardest punching lineup in history. I think his next move will be up to 168 for Calzaghe, although I would much rather see Pavlik vs Taylor, or even Pavlik vs Calzaghe.

Comment

Working...
                      X