Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The further deterioration of Max Kellerman as a professional broadcaster...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    His incessant need for comparisons is loathsome, though unintentionally hilarious because he almost always picks fights or fighters that make for piss poor comparisons. I'll never forget when he compared Paul Williams to Tommy Hearns.

only a modern day Tommy Hearns would 'freeze' 3 divisions in fear

or how about when he claimed Berto as the new Gatti?

Comment

I don't mind Max because he gets excited and I like his enthusiasm plus he is good for a laugh.

I just don't give a shit what he really has to say because almost anything worthwhile he says is obvious to a true connoisseur of boxing and everything else is hyperbole. Also he is usually behind the curve in the flow of the fight failing to notice subtle changes, it usually takes him a round to catch on.

I don't think I have ever said to myself or anyone else for that matter "yea Max made a really good point there"
      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 11-26-2012, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I honestly hope Max Kellerman dies of aids. I mean it wont be too much longer before he get it with all the big black dudes he lets **** him in the ass.

I mean seriously, can't you just picture him with that annoying little smirk on his face as he gets tag teamed in the ass by Floyd, Broner, and Berto? He would be SOOOOO happy.

I mean he always has that herpes all over his face from sucking off Floyd 10 times a day.

Comment

He ain't no Al Bernstein that's for sure.

Comment

I can tolerate Max but he isn't great. Honestly, I am tired of Larry taking such a hard stance against the outspoken black fighters when they are dominanating like tyson, roy, and floyd. That is getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              It has always been hard for me to take him seriously because every time I hear him speak I hear "Zab Judah is Pernell Whitiker with power" now I realize Zab was New York guy and looked real impressive as a prospect but he was so far off the mark it is hard to trust any other comparisons he makes.

First impressions are hard to break and in this case very correct.

Kellerman has a sick Judah fetish.

Comment

I have zero problems with Max Kellerman. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  I can tolerate Max but he isn't great. Honestly, I am tired of Larry taking such a hard stance against the outspoken black fighters when they are dominanating like tyson, roy, and floyd. That is getting old.
                  I think that's a myth. He's only hard on guys, he think are fighting opponents that are faaaar inferior to them. He always bigged up Leonard/Ali/Whitaker, etc.

He even showed Broner a little love. He used to have Tyson boners in his earlier years. Then Tyson turned into a villainous character.
                  Last edited by 1sballotHOF; 11-26-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

cmon nsb,

how could you miss kellerman's worst analysis of all time?

not sure which exact fight it was (mararito vs pac or clottey vs pac) when he compared pac to RACHEL FREAKING MADDOW!?!?!?!?

i think i even made a thread about it, but yes kellerman sucks. When he first came to hbo he tried to be like larry merchant and that didnt work out too well coming off as some forced wanna be. Even his handling of the floyd shane confrontation (before they fought) where floyd fresh off a win and shane came into the ring was piss poor.

instead of letting the heated argument between shane and floyd w/ bernard instigating in the background keep rolling for its sheer entertainment value, he stops everything like a crusty old nun and goes back to a drunk jim lampley.

kellerman sucks balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn
                      And there goes the race card. Something tells me he is a Mayweather fan.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X