Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring magazine readers vote pacquiao-marquez the "robbery of the year" for 2011

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted Williams-Lara and no doubt was it a worse decision. But Pacquiao-Marquez was a big match and caught the casual fans attention too. Not suprising it won. I had it a draw, but if anyone won the fight, it was Marquez.

Comment

Retired veteran judge Chuck Giampa

“I believe (Harold) Lederman (HBO’s unofficial judge commentator who scored the bout 116-112 for Pacquiao) and the three judges did not give Marquez enough credit for his effecive counter punching. As per the rules, a fighter should be given credit for effective aggression whether moving forward, backward, sideways, against the ropes or counter punching."

wait a minute Chuck Giampa scored calzaghe-hopkins 116-111 for calzaghe. how come none of this applied in that fight? maybe he has an evil twin?
      Last edited by daggum; 12-23-2011, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Not even close to the "biggest" robbery, but by far the most important considering the careers of the two men.

Comment

Marquez won IMO, but the reason it draws more attention is because Marquez was "supposed" to be steamrolled in that fight and be Pac's much needed/anticipated KO. Marquez surprised sooo much that many felt even more that he won (not just because he lasted 12 but because he was a live dog) but one thing is for sure they wont let Marquez get in the way of boxing's biggest meaningful fight.

Comment

Lol, even in Robbery of the year... Lara get's robbed

Comment

Pacquiao: "be a filipino, get real, I won"

Comment

all it was was a bunch of butthurt mexicans voting

Just look at compubox and Marquez's elephant man face to know it wasn't no robbery

Comment

You can say what you want, but it is not only the Mexican fans, in general is the true boxing fans that feel Marquez won. I am talking about "real fans" not those that only tune in when a mega fight is going on.

Comment

marquez was robbed

Comment

I'm little biased because JMM is my favorite boxer but that was the robbery of the year for me felt so bad for Marquez almost making history before politics got in

Comment

Working...
                      X