No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale vs. Anderson Bout is Nixed Over Title Row

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeGale vs. Anderson Bout is Nixed Over Title Row

James DeGale’s mooted December 8 meeting with Kenny Anderson looks dead in the water due to a row over titles. As reported on Boxingscene yesterday, Anderson agreed to the fight in principle yet the Edinburgh fighter had hoped that DeGale’s EBU belt would be on the line. This was not the case, “Chunky” instead offered to challenge for the Edinburgh fighter’s British super middleweight belt and this disagreement has nixed the bout, which had already captured the imagination of British boxing fans.

[Click Here To Read More]

Really?

Why can't it be for both, I'm sure Anderson is happy to put his on the line if DeGale would as well. Stupid that the fight is off because of this...

Comment

DeGale looking for a way out of a tough fight. It's obvious - if he thought he could win, he'd put his title on the line. Even if he lost without the title on the line he'd be a joke champ.

Comment

DeGale

Comment

It doe's seem a bit strange. Surely both titles must be on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
            DeGale looking for a way out of a tough fight. It's obvious - if he thought he could win, he'd put his title on the line. Even if he lost without the title on the line he'd be a joke champ.
            It wouldn't surprise me. Anderson is way too much risk for DeGale, imo, given how easy he is to hit when on the ropes. Anderson would scare the **** out of DeGale at the weigh-in, and then bully his way to a TKO on the ropes on the night.

Comment

shame

What a shame I was looking forward to this and I think it would be similar to the Eubank/Collins fight.

One who comes forward and doesnt take a step back and the other with great boxing skills showing off.

Obviously not as good as eubank/collins but still a good match up

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
                Says in the article the title wouldn't be on the line because the EBU wouldn't sanction the fight as Anderson is NOT the mandatory challenger.
                Degale had already agreed to the fight.
                Read the article before judging fighters

Comment

why the **** did anderson turn this down?

Comment

Working...
                  X