No announcement yet.

Will Floyd back Cotto up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah.....

easier to just pick cotto off when he uses that slow ass jab that people seem to think is so good.

floyd will come over it with a right every time he leaves it out there.

Comment

I like those butt kickers Cotto does.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        I think he'll attempt it, but not really convinced yet he'll be overly effective. I think Diaz is preparing for Floyd to try that. One thing I've noticed w/ Diaz is he's not taking Floyd for granted as far as trying to pressure Cotto. I think they'll be ready for that.
        Trainers can't fight for the fighters man, not saying he won't have a plan cuz he will.
        But fighters normally go back to what they have always done under pressure, fold or fight (Cotto has done both)
        Cottos inside game is way over rated, he needs space to get those hooks off. Once that space is available, it'll be too late, Floyd fires at damn near zero range.
        I see Cotto backing out of a lot of clinches, Floyd firing, Cotto backing out again, Floyd firing.
        Once Cotto figures he can't be close, Floyd picks him apart. He'll have his moments tho, but yea Floyd backs him up but not down.

Comment

By no later than the second round, yes he will.

Comment

I am expecting Floyd to mostly pot shot Cotto. He may come forward here and there.

Comment

no doubt.

probably not at the start of the fight but before the last bell cotto will be in full retreat. he will go from applying pressure, to hesitating, to moving and finally he will be running for his life.. before looking up at the lights.

Comment

Cotto is not hard to back up at all, suffice to say I expect it this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                  Trainers can't fight for the fighters man, not saying he won't have a plan cuz he will.
                  But fighters normally go back to what they have always done under pressure, fold or fight (Cotto has done both)
                  Cottos inside game is way over rated, he needs space to get those hooks off. Once that space is available, it'll be too late, Floyd fires at damn near zero range.
                  I see Cotto backing out of a lot of clinches, Floyd firing, Cotto backing out again, Floyd firing.
                  Once Cotto figures he can't be close, Floyd picks him apart. He'll have his moments tho, but yea Floyd backs him up but not down.
                  I think people also need to remember that Floyd won't get out of his comfort zone. I think he'll attempt, but if it's not working thoroughly he'll go back to what he does best. Styles make fights. Guys like Pacquiao and Margarito who bring a lot of offense and pressure constantly will always give Cotto problems in the area of him being walked back. Even with that being said Cotto made big improvements with dealing with pressure in the Marg (a bigger guy) rematch and never once laid on the ropes and brought the fight to the center of the ring. Floyd's best shots come from him establishing his reach, throwing a lead right hand, and getting out of the way. If Floyd were as effective offensively as he was during his 130-135 days then that's a different story. I see Floyd using his reach and defense more that pressuring Cotto.

Comment

Most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                      I think he just might, and if he does it's over.

I think he'll stick to his style since his return and try and walk Cotto down some what, Cotto will be a sucker for straight rights, Cotto can't really fight on back foot and will gas out.
                      He cant fight on the backfoot?..He MASTERS Fighting on the backfoot, didnt u see his fight with Margarito???..Thats the problem Floyd will have in this fight...Floyd is gonna walk him down, but Floyd has been fighting offensive minded fighters who cant fight going backwards, and Cotto MASTERS That style...You dont even watch cotto, stop it bro!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X