• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    He already has 3 No votes.

It's going to be a resounding no.

And rightfully so. He's not an ATG.
    Nice Avatar by the way IRON........ action photo !!!!!!!

Comment

i nominate jersey joe

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
        Good god Marchegiano, you are a gem. I vote yes to all of the above, I think I'll expand the List to the top 200 from 1700 to the most recently retired...... what would we ever do without you man.... good to see you again, We need a new Bare-Knuckle LPRR thread, don't you agree ????.... I read the Jem Belcher Vs James deaf un Bourke fight from a newspaper,.. and I wrote about it on the Newspaper Fight report Thread,.... that thread needs you man,.... and an incredible a,ount of awesome links to Pioneer and old-timer bouts...... there just ain't enough posters here that know the great bare knuckle fighters..... Les Darcy knocked out Bob Whitelaw in their second fight,... Whitelaw was a Bare-knuckle fighter too,.. so Darcy was very tough/.
        Oh hells yeah. Lots of transitionals got left out. I just figured those after the marquee and close to it will be mentioned w/o me. Unless of course they're just not that well known even amongst the knowers...but your here and now the name Darcy is known. Which is a great victory for his memory might i add. No reason for me to talk about Fitzsimmons or Sullivan due to someone else will...There are a few Aussie's in my list. Most Americans and English, but Australia forces representation. Seems like for a while y'all biggest problem was getting someone off the continent to show the world whats what. I'm not sure what possessed me to do a bare knuckle list under this thread. Once I reread it kinda seemed disrespectful to the original point. I knew damn well you meant gloved fighters. I apologise, but still it is a fine list of LPRRish and would kick off that sort of thread nicely. I'm still a bit stretched for time, but no worries man. I'll always find a way to get to the BS history section....especially since every couple of months or so some *******'s going pop in to talk **** about the Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          Oh hells yeah. Lots of transitionals got left out. I just figured those after the marquee and close to it will be mentioned w/o me. Unless of course they're just not that well known even amongst the knowers...but your here and now the name Darcy is known. Which is a great victory for his memory might i add. No reason for me to talk about Fitzsimmons or Sullivan due to someone else will...There are a few Aussie's in my list. Most Americans and English, but Australia forces representation. Seems like for a while y'all biggest problem was getting someone off the continent to show the world whats what. I'm not sure what possessed me to do a bare knuckle list under this thread. Once I reread it kinda seemed disrespectful to the original point. I knew damn well you meant gloved fighters. I apologise, but still it is a fine list of LPRRish and would kick off that sort of thread nicely. I'm still a bit stretched for time, but no worries man. I'll always find a way to get to the BS history section....especially since every couple of months or so some *******'s going pop in to talk **** about the Rock.
          As for Rocky,... I have deliberately gone searching for old threads to do with Marciano because I've noticed some serious dis respect,... I owe it to you AND Rocky as a member of the Rocky Marciano Fan Club...... every time I find a Troll thread on Rocky, I will bring it to your notice. When I joined here, I thought Darcy's name needed resurrecting,... I never dreamed that I would need to ressurrect the Rock......... I mean, it's ROCKY !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
            Nice Avatar by the way IRON........ action photo !!!!!!!
            Thanks.

Nothing better than one ATG Vs another.

And what a sight of the great Harold Johnson sending the great Archie Moore from one side of the ring to the other.

And they say he had no power!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Thanks.

Nothing better than one ATG Vs another.

And what a sight of the great Harold Johnson sending the great Archie Moore from one side of the ring to the other.

And they say he had no power!
              A very hard man..........Should call him Harold Hamza..... sounds HARD.

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
                i nominate jersey joe
                I would call him borderline, a Top 20 Heavyweight in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  I would call him borderline, a Top 20 Heavyweight in my opinion.
                  Borderline yes....... but what a man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Freddie Steele

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                      Freddie Steele
                      Yeah Steele is worth a mention, he was very dangerous, I haven't really looked at his record though.

Comment

Working...
                      X