Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Mancini and Macho Camacho, how would they fare today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
    Good, I'm 29. I was a casual fan until I saw Trinidad vs. Vargas back in 2000. That fight turned me into a die hard fan almost overnight.
    cool...as a lil kid my dad loved Ray Leonard, Hagler, Tyson etc but I became a hardcore fan after watching Roy Jones in 97 break Virgil Hills ribs live...been hardcore since

Comment

I have to disagree here. Camacho was way more skilled than Mancini and I consider Mancini one of my top 5 ever but that's what is it. Besides, Camacho beat him in their fight back in 1989. It was close but clear for Camacho. I agree about Mancini being a tough guy against anybody from super feather to junior welter.
      people underrate Camacho for the same reason they do, Mayweather today....he was a douche bag but from 1980-1990 he was p4p one of the best and most exciting around....dude went 38-0 and some people think Chavez avoided him til past prime in 92....shouldve happened sooner though at 135 or 130 o well

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        cool...as a lil kid my dad loved Ray Leonard, Hagler, Tyson etc but I became a hardcore fan after watching Roy Jones in 97 break Virgil Hills ribs live...been hardcore since
        I hear you. I'll tell you something else. I remember seeing Trinidad beating everybody back in the 90's and I was, probably, the only PR guy who could not stand him and thought he was somewhat of a conceited hypejob. Time taught me he was the real deal.

Comment

people underrate Camacho for the same reason they do, Mayweather today....he was a douche bag but from 1980-1990 he was p4p one of the best and most exciting around....dude went 38-0 and some people think Chavez avoided him til past prime in 92....shouldve happened sooner though at 135 or 130 o well
          I think Camacho's skills are ATG but his off ring persona bothered many fans. That's why he is remembered more for being a showman than a true prodigy of the game. To those I say, watch him against Limón, Howard Davis, Boza Edwards, Ramírez, Mancini, and Pazienza and tell me what you see. Any boxing fan with common sense would understand.

About Chávez, I will not say Camacho would have definitely beat him, but I think the fight would have looked much different had it happened 5 years before.

Comment

have you ever seen prime camacho fight?b130-135 dude was a beast

I've seen most of his fight early on. I hated his lack of discipline and have to move up in weight when he had no kayo punch to begin with.

Comment

I must admit i slept on camacho untill i started youtubing him. He was one of the best skilled boxers of his generation. Hands down, no debate.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure but I think I read something by John Scully and Camacho's skills were compared to those of Mayweather. It was not that their styles were similar but that the level was incredibly high. The difference was that Camacho loved to party and sometimes neglected training, but a prime, well trained Camacho, to me, was ATG.

Comment

I think Camacho's skills are ATG but his off ring persona bothered many fans. That's why he is remembered more for being a showman than a true prodigy of the game. To those I say, watch him against Limón, Howard Davis, Boza Edwards, Ramírez, Mancini, and Pazienza and tell me what you see. Any boxing fan with common sense would understand.

About Chávez, I will not say Camacho would have definitely beat him, but I think the fight would have looked much different had it happened 5 years before.
                  agreed...forgotten prodigy...Dude was one of my early favs...couldnt get with the man skirts tho lol

Comment

have you ever seen prime camacho fight?b130-135 dude was a beast
                    Camacho was very high on my list of the best fighters I've seen.

Comment

agreed...forgotten prodigy...Dude was one of my early favs...couldnt get with the man skirts tho lol
                      Ha! I understand that. He loved to have too much fun. Still, we know the talent was unquestionable.

Comment

Working...
                      X