What does a fighter getting his "chin cracked"mean

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a fighter getting his "chin cracked"mean

explian please

When a fighter's chin loses a lot of durability due to taking many flush shots.

Comment

When a fighter can't take punches how he used to due to a brutal beatdown or knockout as in...Felix Trinidad cracked Fernando Vargas' chin.

Comment

It means that you're unable to take the same kind of punches you were once able to take because of taking too many shots

A great example is Samual Peter. Watch the shots he takes in first Vlad fight and then look after

People have a misconception that you can crack a chin with 1 punch or 1 combo, which is BS.....Williams chin cannot be "cracked" from 1 punch for example

Comment

So it really relates more to the brain then right?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Loc Jr. View Post
            When a fighter can't take punches how he used to due to a brutal beatdown or knockout as in...Felix Trinidad cracked Fernando Vargas' chin.
            I also think he cracked Mayorga chin.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              So it really relates more to the brain then right?
              Yes. When that phrase is used people aren't saying that the jawbone literally has a crack in it.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                I also think he cracked Mayorga chin.
                Hmmmm maybe a little.....he could still take great shots....he just chose to fight agressive accurate power punchers after him

Comment

Ever heard of this guy,
                  Last edited by LEATHERF8CE; 06-27-2011, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    It means that you're unable to take the same kind of punches you were once able to take because of taking too many shots

A great example is Samual Peter. Watch the shots he takes in first Vlad fight and then look after

People have a misconception that you can crack a chin with 1 punch or 1 combo, which is BS.....Williams chin cannot be "cracked" from 1 punch for example

yes it can...

i've recently heard williams promotors express that he's looking for one or two more big fights and then he's going to retire (check the recent installments of Leave it in the Ring radio for the audio.)

i'm sure that wasn't what he was thinking up until the second round of his second fight with martinez, when he was knocked out cold with one punch

in fact, i'd bet i you asked him he would have told you he was going to fight forever

paul williams certainly will certainly never be the same after being so brutally knocked out.
                    i'm not saying he's forever doomed to having mush for a jaw
                    i'm saying now that he's been knocked unconscious like that he's not the same man

Comment

Working...
                    X