Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire will never be a huge draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking about drawing power while comparing him to Pacquiao, Nonito is never going to win. His drawing power is good enough but not PPV good enough. Martinez isn't a PPV draw either yet higher in the P4P list than Donaire. His dad isn't a legend so he is no JCC jr.

There are only a few boxers who can command PPV revenues.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
      you said no fighter will ever be a draw........i just pointed out how you were wrong
      Yeah I know but I was talking about NOW...and these CURRENT FIGHTERS with the current state of boxing...I don't see it

OF COURSE I hope I am wrong and those guys will become Draws and Cross Over Stars because it is a lot of talent in and around 122-126

Comment

He hasn't had a fight in the bay area in a while and there is a huge Filipino fanbase for him there...

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Unless a fighter hits WW, there is almost 0 chance of a fighter being a "huge draw", let alone only at 122, which is already his 4th (?) division.
          bingo

amazing stuff I am seeing on here

Comment

he'll be a bigger draw if he fights and beats rigondiuex and then moves up in weight.

You gotta take the big boy fights to be a draw.

Comment

Cuz Donaire fighting at biatchweight. Nobody cares about these lower weight classes except the Japanese and Ivan Calderon. No grown ass adult man should weigh less than 140. But a trained athlete? lol.. Boxing has so many useless weight classes. Can cut 50% of them. Make Minimumweight 130 then 145 160 175 190 210+.....tada, no need for 50 diff weightclasses where cherry pickers can hide for years with fake ass belts that nobody gives a **** about...... make these clowns aim for 1 weightclass and stick to it instead of using it like a POGO stick and jumping around classes like they a twister board...........

fu WBC,WBO,IBF,IBA,BABO,WBA for all these bullshiet weight divisions.

If you cant make 130lb as a Boxer you should curse you should blame your maker for your weak gene's........but all these who fight below 130 just cherry pick stupid weight classes that nobody gives a shiet about, then it becomes how close to dying can you go?

"Im the minimumweight champ! I weigh 90 lb and my KO ratio is 2%, even cancer patients give me food and feel sorry for me"

These guys dont even train, all they do is run marathons and puke their food out like yolo's.

Should force them from running and inject Bacon into their a us to gain weight
              Last edited by Medved; 09-25-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Similar to the guy above me without all the anger... it's because he's so little. To be a huge "draw" generally that means getting a huge American audience and selling PPVs. The problem is most people are his size in America when they're turning 10 years old (I think I weighed 126 going into 4th grade and I was already 5'10"). If this comes of as racist I apologize but generally Americans are larger individuals than asians and when you're that much larger than someone you don't really care about their fight. You feel regardless of how good they are you could swat them with one hand into the ground which turns a lot of casual fans off.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                  Similar to the guy above me without all the anger... it's because he's so little. To be a huge "draw" generally that means getting a huge American audience and selling PPVs. The problem is most people are his size in America when they're turning 10 years old (I think I weighed 126 going into 4th grade and I was already 5'10"). If this comes of as racist I apologize but generally Americans are larger individuals than asians and when you're that much larger than someone you don't really care about their fight. You feel regardless of how good they are you could swat them with one hand into the ground which turns a lot of casual fans off.
                  That is why Chris Arreola is popular fighter to watch, he appeals to the common American.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
                    That is why Chris Arreola is popular fighter to watch, he appeals to the common American.

Lol sadly he does have "some" appeal which goes along with my point. He's not very talented IMO yet people still talk about him. Even more so than some very talented little guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                      Lol sadly he does have "some" appeal which goes along with my point. He's not very talented IMO yet people still talk about him. Even more so than some very talented little guys.
                      Don't get me started on Butterbean

Comment

Working...
                      X