Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: We Proved Mayweather is Not Invincible!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Check View Post
    They are being pretty redick. 2 rounds, come on. I thought the clear rounds were 6 and 8 for Cotto but that left rounds 2,3,5,7, and 10 as toss ups. It was far from a clear victory imo. Lot of swing rounds.
    Far from a clear victory? Wow. You're starting to sound a bit delusional buddy. Rounds 6 and 8 I will give you but no other rounds. Close rounds go to the fighter who landed the more clear and flush shots. And Floyd landed the more clear and flush shots in every round including the rounds that Cotto won. Cotto only won rounds 6 and 8 through pushing, holding and activity. There were close rounds but Floyd outlanded him in all of the close rounds.

Comment

He would of been happy to do that you ****** but Cotto wouldn't let him. They aren't happy with a moral victory, just stating that they gave him hell in there and that Mayweather showed flaws. This is what I'm talking about when I say Mayweather fans are insecure as fuk.
      You're the one who sounds insecure with all of the personal insults. Mayweather fans are so terrible... I guess that makes you a Pacquiao fan because all they do is call people idiots and monkeys and use the n-word to make their points. Cotto showed Mayweather's flaws by losing to him? And you have the nerve to call somebody a ******. Take a look in the mirror. Cotto did well to win a couple of rounds and make other rounds competitive but to get all *****y and emotional when someone states the truth that Mayweather clearly won the fight without giving Cotto sympathy rounds like you're doing is the makings of a troll.

Comment

Yeah, Cotto didn't win but it certainly was close. 6 and 8 were not debatable but a round like 3 was close but I thought it was easily Miguels, that's 3. Of the close rounds(2, 5, 7, and 10) I thought Cotto only had round 2 but Lederman thought he won 5 and some thought won 7. So, I guess it's possible that Cotto could of won if you gave every close round to him but of the 4 close rounds I listed I thought Mayweather won 5,7, and 10. 2 clear rounds for Cotto, 5 clear rounds for Mayweather and 5 close. Either way Cotto lost, Mayweather won in a highly entertaining fight. Not sure why Floyd fans have to spin it any other way.
        You're the one that's doing all of the spinning. You thought round 3 was close but you also thought the round was Cotto's easily? You contradicted yourself before you even finished the sentence. You're annoying because you keep attacking the Mayweather fans for some imaginary reason. The Cotto constituencies complaints about the score cards and all of the nitpicking of trying to find some flaw in the scoring and how it should've been closer is the only spinning and pettiness I see on these forums. If you wanted Cotto to win you didn't get your wish. Just accept it and stop complaining about every little petty detail like a little beeeyyaaatch...

Comment

• Originally posted by peplz View Post
          Far from a clear victory? Wow. You're starting to sound a bit delusional buddy. .
          Other "delusional" people:

Tim Starks (Queensberry Rules) scored it 114-114 EVEN

Lance Pugmire (LA Times) scored it 115-113 COTTO

Kevin Iole (Yahoo) scored it 115-113 MAYWEATHER

Ron Borges (Boston Herald) scored it 115-113 MAYWEATHER

USA Today scored it 115 - 113 COTTO

Close fight.

Comment

Yeah, they are being crazy. So, what he had a tough fight why not praise a great fight and give both fighters props for digging in deep.... are you that threatened because Manny got a ko? Different styles make different fights and I knew this was going to be difficult for Floyd but it will help him measure where he is at and push him.

I'm a big Floyd fan, except in this fight because Miguel is my favorite but it's hard to come back to that side when you see all these fans trying to prop up Floyd or discredit a good performance from Miggy. It makes you wonder how many people on this site are strictly Floyd/Manny fans and how many actually enjoy the sport of boxing.
            Everyone has given Cotto nothing but respect and praise yet you find something else in it. Just because no one agrees with your petty score card nitpicking doesn't mean that they haven't given Cotto his praise for putting on a good performance. Its you that want to use it to say that there is some kind of flaw in Mayweather instead of saying that Cotto did well and that Mayweather dug deep against a tough opponent. Your sounding so salty and bitter about your guy losing its ridiculous. No one has said anything about Pacquiao. You are the only one who brought up the comparison between the two fights and then you project on to the Mayweather fans. There is nothing worse than a sore loser and that's all you're being right now. I hope your hurt butt heals soon.

Comment

• i think that round 2 and 3 cotto also won those rounds mayweather dint trow almost nothing and cotto got in more shots and was more active. i think the fight should of been a draw cause mayweather did throw some shots and land them on cotto but cotto also landed some pretty good shoots to the body and the jab was landing alot also it should of been a draw.

Comment

• 117 Mayweather AT BEST. But I think it was really 118. The scoring might've not been close, but most of the rounds were close, but Mayweather won all those rounds, which is why the final punch stats overall were a little close, but not really.

Comment

• Actually they proved that Mayweather IS INVINCIBLE. If Cotto puts in the performance of his life and still gets dominated then Floyd just showed he can up his game for any occasion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post

Close fight.
                    And 1000s scored it clearly to Floyd so your point is mute , including the best seats in the house the judges , it wasnt close at all if you really look , how anybody can come out and say it was close is beyond me , they must be giving points for missing , thats one of the major flaws in Floyds brilliance , he can slip a punch by a millimetre and its only in slow motion you actually see that it missed , very few land clean on Floyd , maybe thats why the haters say he got beat up because he got a blood nose , a blood nose buhahahahaha .

Comment

• Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post

Close fight.
                      It wasn't 10 rounds to 2 that's for sure. 117-111 to 115-113 sound right and reflect reality. A close fight that Floyd clearly won.

Comment

Working...
                      X