Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can David Price recover?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At HW it can be very difficult, so many bombs thrown in that division. I guess if you want to look for a silver lining I'd point to the fact that he got up and beat the count, and it took a lot to do it too...it was early in the fight and he didn't take a sustained beating so he probably won't fall off physically, his chin will just be in question until he's hit and rocked again and has to battle through it. HW division is by far the most difficult to have to try and work those issues out though

Comment

Havent seen the fight yet but he may be able to come back depending on his mental fortitude. Its that that make great fighters with or without a good chin.

I said a couple weeks ago not to be surprised if Thompson won and was ridiculed by another poster. Wonder where that guy is now? Lol, you know who you are!

Comment

Not sure to be hosnest with you...

.....Thompson was not really any great shakes even when he was even in his prime and now that's he's 40 and not excatly in ripped B-Hop shape (and clearly a mile behind the K brothersas well) that does not bode well for David.

Getting nailed by TT in the second round is a major setback. We'll soon find out whether David is a man or a mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Havent seen the fight yet but he may be able to come back depending on his mental fortitude. Its that that make great fighters with or without a good chin.

I said a couple weeks ago not to be surprised if Thompson won and was ridiculed by another poster. Wonder where that guy is now? Lol, you know who you are!

call him out, jab dog.

Comment

Of course he can come back, there's not much coming back to. He wasn't a champion or fighting top opposition until this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              Lennox or Wlad didn't have a great chins and they are among bests ever, but I am afraid Price's chin is just levels below. You can hardly get away with that...

I hope he can return but I doubt..
              lennox got knocked out twice. 1 punch knockouts by big punching HWs. that doesn't mean he had a weak chin. look at his resume of big punchers he's faced. wlad's been on the canvas like 12 or 13 times so you can say that about him though...

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

lol & where are the fury ducked price posters on the board?

Comment

rewatched the fight a few times today and that KO.

TBH Price was hit under the ear. Very awkward place to be hit (you can try just to push it there, very soft point )
                  I think that made him look even worse.

He has a chance to come back but he need a quick rematch and fight with Fury.

Comment

he has no potential. his time to impress was now and he's just proven what the people who know boxing already knew, ie. that he is CRAP. now the nodding sheep kool-aid drinkers know it, too. Price is pure diarrhoea. a joke. a sideshow. an embarrassment. he'll try to bounce back, but the same thing will happen again - he'll be undermatched and then he'll be sparked at fringe level.

at anyone who thinks Fury wouldn't have smashed this clumsy stiff oaf to pieces.

Comment

His coordination tells me no. If i saw he had the fundamentals down and he just got caught id say maybe but this guy just doesnt have it. This sport on an elite level isnt for him he will go back to beating cabbies and build himself up again and improve but once hes back against decent opposition he will fall asleep on the job again.

Comment

Working...
                      X