Lennox Lewis was going to retire after Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Who did Vitali beat?
    Sanders and Peter being among them. Lewis didn't rematch Vitali for a reason, you guys can argue all you want that's how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
      Sanders and Peter being among them. Lewis didn't rematch Vitali for a reason, you guys can argue all you want that's how it is.
      The same reason Vitali doesn't want to fight Haye, he was at the end of his career and had declined which made the fight much tougher than it would have been a few years earlier. Atleast Lennox actually fought and beat Vitali though and didn't hang around fighting weak comp to extend a career, which remains to be seen if Vitali does the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        The same reason Vitali doesn't want to fight Haye, he was at the end of his career and had declined which made the fight much tougher than it would have been a few years earlier. Atleast Lennox actually fought and beat Vitali though and didn't hang around fighting weak comp to extend a career, which remains to be seen if Vitali does the same.
        No it isn't the same, Lewis was younger than Vitali is now. Also he barely won then didn't give a rematch. Lewis was great but people exaggerate how good he was and underrate how good Vitali is.

Comment

No it isn't the same, Lewis was younger than Vitali is now. Also he barely won then didn't give a rematch. Lewis was great but people exaggerate how good he was and underrate how good Vitali is.
          You do realise that Vitali took a four-year break from boxing?

Comment

People who are putting Vitali down are putting Lennox down at the same time.
            They both were not in their primes when they fought. It was a great fight which Lennox deservedly won but Vitali showed more IMO.

No it wasn't 'old, outshaped, unmotivated, unprepared, uninterested, lazy, sleepy, fatty' lennox. If he was he would never be able to fought the way he did.

Instead I am saying they are both fabulous fighter.

Comment

Why do people on this forum always post excerpts from articles without a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                People who are putting Vitali down are putting Lennox down at the same time.
                They both were not in their primes when they fought. It was a great fight which Lennox deservedly won but Vitali showed more IMO.

No it wasn't 'old, outshaped, unmotivated, unprepared, uninterested, lazy, sleepy, fatty' lennox. If he was he would never be able to fought the way he did.

Instead I am saying they are both fabulous fighter.
                I agree with the first few lines.

Lewis was, however, out of shape. The scales don't lie... i'm pretty sure he came in at a career heavy weight (256lbs?)

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  I agree with the first few lines.

Lewis was, however, out of shape. The scales don't lie... i'm pretty sure he came in at a career heavy weight (256lbs?)
                  He clearly could have come better prepared, but a few pounds is not the reason to make it sound like lennox was without a leg in that fight.

The best indication of his state was his performance in that fight compared to his other fights. I don't think it was bad or worse at all. He fought very well - smart after all and he won over hungry Vitali. All credits for that.

He was somehow slower but he never rely on his speed that much anyway.

Comment

If he was washed up Vitali would have koed him, I didn't say Lewis was in his prime I said he was at least near his prime. People wanna be haters and not give credit to Vitali so they make things up but Lewis himself implied he was at least near his best.
                    “So, when it came time for me to see if I should fight Klitschko again, I thought - at my worst, at my worst! I beat Klitschko and look what I did to his face! I was at my worst - just think [what would’ve happened] if I’d trained just a little bit harder. I didn’t need to fight him again.”
                    That quote was from his Ringside special interview. (I think)

You were saying?
                    Last edited by P4P_No1; 01-14-2013, 10:30 AM.

Comment

So? What do they have to do with Lennox?

Comment

Working...
                      X