No announcement yet.

Amir Khan to go with Virgil Hunter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 510hustler View Post
    I won't call him an idiot but he gets too much credit for Ward's success.
    He's been training Ward since he was a little boy.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
      He's been training Ward since he was a little boy.
      That is true but some fighters don't really "need" a trainer if you know what I mean (like a Floyd or a BHOP). Some guys were just born to do this & I think Ward is one of those guys.

It's an interesting move and it would allow us to see how good a trainer Virgil really is.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
        That is true but some fighters don't really "need" a trainer if you know what I mean (like a Floyd or a BHOP). Some guys were just born to do this & I think Ward is one of those guys.

It's an interesting move and it would allow us to see how good a trainer Virgil really is.
        He'll make for good quotes.

I like Amir but I subscribe to the theory he is a bit thick. He needs someone to focus on his core abilities which are his speed and athleticism. Adam Booth is a smart man but is very uncomplicated when it comes to putting together boxing plans.

I'm worried Virgil will confuse him and talk to him in metaphors.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          He'll make for good quotes.

I like Amir but I subscribe to the theory he is a bit thick. He needs someone to focus on his core abilities which are his speed and athleticism. Adam Booth is a smart man but is very uncomplicated when it comes to putting together boxing plans.

I'm worried Virgil will confuse him and talk to him in metaphors.
          haha it wouldn't suprise me. I've always thought Khan was just plain dumb.

I think Booth would have been a good match for him.

Comment

hunter has the answers to all his problems, question is if amir is smart and humble enough to absorb the message.

Comment

Better than Richardson

Comment

He may not like taking a backseat to Ward.

That's absolutely what would happen.

Any idiot could see why.

Comment

And that's absolutely what would happen.

Any idiot could see why.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post

And that's absolutely what would happen.

Any idiot could see why.
                    This is totally true.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post

every fighter needs a trainer regardless where they are at, if nothing else to overlook things. you dont see details of what you are doing while you are putting the work in so you need an extra pair of eyes. even if you have enough knowledge to train someone else you still need someone to train you to observe your workouts.

nobody is "just born" to do this, everyone needs a trainer to point them in the right direction. a fighter is like a ball of clay, its needs someones hands to mold it. likewise the hands cant do anything without the clay. ward is a perfect student, talented, intelligent and hard working. but without hunter to point him in the right direction when he first started out he wouldnt get anywhere. nobody is born with boxing knowledge, it has to be passed down.

Comment

Working...
                      X