Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A boxing Bum/can/jobber vs a local tough guy...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A boxing Bum/can/jobber vs a local tough guy...

I keep hearing everynow and then from all these local meatheads who lift weight of how this guy fought bums and that guy was known for fighting cans and how is easy it is to get to the top by fighting those guys...

So it got me thinking...can a muscular guy who lifts weights beat up a boxer who is known as a can/bum or a jobber in street fight????

lifting weights doesnt mean you can fight...how can lifting a weight make you a skilled fighter????i'll take a 60 year old ex boxer over some dude who just lift weights any damn day

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
      lifting weights doesnt mean you can fight...how can lifting a weight make you a skilled fighter????i'll take a 60 year old ex boxer over some dude who just lift weights any damn day
      I agree....

Comment

$100 on the can

Comment

Originally posted by Box"K"ing View Post
          I keep hearing everynow and then from all these local meatheads who lift weight of how this guy fought bums and that guy was known for fighting cans and how is easy it is to get to the top by fighting those guys...

So it got me thinking...can a muscular guy who lifts weights beat up a boxer who is known as a can/bum or a jobber in street fight????
          in the ring my money is on the tomato can, in the street its anybodys fight probably the weight lifter who will take it to the pavement and make it his fight

Comment

If the muscle bound individual has no fighting experience no. One thing I find funny is I actually get hurt more messing around with my Dad as punches coming in a straight line are harder to evade and harder to brace yourself for, when there are no gloves involved they come pretty quick.

Most people who are muscle bound throw haymakers or try bear hugging you to the ground.

in the ring my money is on the tomato can, in the street its anybodys fight probably the weight lifter who will take it to the pavement and make it his fight
            Unless he blind sides the guy no. When normal people try dragging you to the ground they have a tendency to leave their rib cage wide open.
            Last edited by FeFist; 09-30-2011, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
              Great reply.

I'll go with what he said.

Comment

I heard that Hatton got sparked out by a bodybuilder/powerlifter, Hatton had been drinking and the guy did weigh over 20 stone.

Comment

Originally posted by Story View Post
                  Great reply.

I'll go with what he said.
                  When the fight takes place in the streets there are no rules, kicks, punches, elbows, headbutts, take downs all of that is available for grabs. Sorry but fighters who do box, it does not give them an automatic edge in a street fight, if they can get off their shots first they likely will end it, but if there is a size difference and you miss those shots or they dont do ****, your in for an ass whippen sorry but its just true

Comment

didn't a weight-lifter pick up ricky hatton and throw him?

i know, i know ricky was drunk. but it wouldn't have made a diff.

Comment

Working...
                    X