Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a chance Rahman will defeat Wladimir?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's always a chance, ESPECIALLY with glass jaw in the ring. on any given night, any heavyweight could KO Wlad. that's just the way it is. when you have losses to Corrie Sanders, Lamon Brewster and Ross Purritty on your record, you are never a guaranteed winner

Comment

Wlad by 4th rnd KO. Rahman is ****e.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
        there's always a chance, ESPECIALLY with glass jaw in the ring. on any given night, any heavyweight could KO Wlad. that's just the way it is. when you have losses to Corrie Sanders, Lamon Brewster and Ross Purritty on your record, you are never a guaranteed winner
        You always bring up his losses, Diego, but you never mention his wins, including the 45 KOs.

Most heavyweights would have no chance of knocking out Wladimir.

1) SANDERS: Rahman said a few years ago that Sanders had the hardest punch he ever experienced. But there was a headbutt from Sanders that was instrumental in Wlad going down the first time in that fight.

2) PURRITY: Wlad wasn't KOed, he gassed against the solid-chinned Purrity after dominating during most of the fight. Wlad weighed 225 for that fight, Purrity was 250. Purrity used the Winky Wright style "earmuffs" defense. After slugging hard for 10 rounds, Wlad got very tired. That's understandable, it can happen to anyone.

3) BREWSTER: I'm not sure what happened in the Brewster fight. When Wlad walked into the ring I could see there was something wrong with him (same as I could see something was wrong with Oscar last Saturday). He was taken to the hospital after the fight, where blood tests showed his blood sugar was extremely low. Still, in that fight, he became the only person ever to knock Brewster down.

Like Lennox Lewis, Wlad has a good chin that only a hard puncher can crack. However, for all his other shortcomings, Rahman is a hard puncher, so he does have a slim punchers' chance in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
          yeah, what he said

Comment

This is boxing.

This is heavyweight boxing.

So yes, anything can happen.

Did anyone pick him over Lewis?

Has anyone heard of the term upset?

Comment

Rahman looked horrible against Toney in his last outing and I expect him to look just as bad against Wlad.

Comment

Working...
              X