Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll:Haymon. Mattysse Garcia Does he WANT to make the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll:Haymon. Mattysse Garcia Does he WANT to make the fight?

Al Haymon looks after both Mattysse and Danny Garcia's interests. He has done a great job with Garcia guiding him to a title and he is getting into a position where a Mayweather fight could happen. Mattysse has the potential to be a big star and is not that far off a potential Mayweather fight either.
    If Garcia fights Mattysse the loser takes a big hit to his career. Haymon must be better off not matching these 2 and keeping 2 winning fighters. I just don't see what Haymon gets out of them fighting that makes it worth his while.
    Do you think Haymon WANTS to make the Mattysse Garcia fight.
    Haymon does not want to make the fight.
    83.33%
    Haymon wants to make the fight.
    8.33%
    Haymon is undecided on the fight.
    8.33%

Haymon is not the Issue... Its a WIN WIN situation for Haymon... as both fighters are with him.
    The real issue is GARCIAS.... They know they are in deep **** and thats the truth. They will try every trick in the book not to sign that dotted line.

Comment

I think it's coming down to money and location of the fight. Garcia knows this is a big risk fight so I'm sure he wants to get compensated more for putting up a bigger risk. I think the fight will get done eventually and I think Garcia has an extremely good chance of defeating Lucas.

Comment

Al Haymon doesn't want a fight that he can't potentially fix If anything goes wrong and it goes to the score-cards for his fighter.
        Al Haymon the cancer to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by kombayn View Post
          I think it's coming down to money and location of the fight. Garcia knows this is a big risk fight so I'm sure he wants to get compensated more for putting up a bigger risk. I think the fight will get done eventually and I think Garcia has an extremely good chance of defeating Lucas.
          I'm down for a venue in Argentina lol...
          Hey It could be possible If Broner fights Matthysse that mother****er likes fighting in dudes hometurf what better place to fight in than Argentina...
          You might get killed by a fan IF he pulls off a upset though.

Comment

I don't think Haymon, Garcia or GBP want the fight, but they're backed into a corner at the moment as it's clearly the best fight for the division, it's what the fans want, and GBP publicly stated several times that the Matthyse-Peterson and Garcia-Judah winners would face off.

If they can find a way out of it then they will, but their options are limited. They'll push for Matthyse-Maidana, let them take lumps out of each other rather than risk them knocking out a Garcia or a Broner, but I'm not sure that strategy will work. Hopefully Garcia ends up taking the fight simply because his other options are limited and he'll look like such a coward if he ducks this fight that it'll take him years to live down.

Comment

Its a cracking little fight....but I would politely/regretfully suggest it will only happen on this forum I am afraid.

Haymon gets paid to deliver the best money for the minimum level of risk by his clients (and by client I kind of mean boss) and he's bloody good at his job and is politically very cute indeed.

Garcia and Matthyse operate in a packed-out division, there are heaps of juicy and easier paydays out there for them, so why would Haymon put these 'customers' together?

Perhaps it happens if Matthyse and Garcia obliterate everything in front of them and are literally the last men left standing and the money is truly massiver; but even then I think Haymon will seek to find a fight for one of his clients at another weight class.

Comment

If their at 140 together they will eventually fight! When one looses should we "kill him"?? So he lost big deal!!! Is everyone up Mayweathers butt with this undefeated thing! Hell Matthyse has two defeats so if he or Garcia loose one does that deminish who they are talent wise? Fight the Fight! Then move on! NEXT! Ray

Comment

Working...
                X