Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Martinez bring to the table against Floyd or Pac at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At 155 he can fight for the lineal championship. Plus a large portion of people who watch Mayweather fights do it just because they want to see him lose. Put him up against Martinez and lots of people would be interested in that.

Comment

He brings a tough fight, one that will enhance either of their legacies.

He brings a lot of risk, but it's winnable for either.

I say, make the fight(s) happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Ok...what do Ortiz and Mosley bring in? Ortiz's magical WBC trinket and Mosley's incredible legacy? Clottey didn't bring anything to the table in the Pac fight did he?
        Everyone was getting on Mayweather's nuts for not fighting Mosley, who was the #1 WW at the time, so throw that one out the window.

Clottey's the only fighter in recent years to really bring very little to a Pac or May fight. Even Ortiz (which I thought was a crap choice) was better.

Sergio's a way better choice for either man based purely on his quality as an opponent, which if the casual fans don't yet know, will certainly be convinced of in the build up.
        Last edited by nomadman; 03-18-2012, 04:11 PM.

Comment

A genuine treat & a real chance at scoring a ko over Pacman for sure & maybe Floyd. Now while a casual fan probably hasn't heard of Martinez. Anyone who follows the sport even slightly has. He brings more in every aspect than Clottey or Baldomir ever did.

Anyone who tries to say he brings nothing, obviously wants to protect either Floyd or Manny from him. Top fighters shouldn't be on top if they refuse to fight the best. SRL or Hearns would have never sat in the same weight class & refuse to throw down while both were on top.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            He brings a tough fight, one that will enhance either of their legacies.

He brings a lot of risk, but it's winnable for either.

I say, make the fight(s) happen.
            I'd like to know how you seriously believe that Pacman can beat Martinez.

Comment

a great fight and the best fighter they can fight at 154

Comment

Pacquiao gets beaten up imo but Im not 100% sold on it.

Mayweather embarrasses Martinez. 2 different levels of fighters.

Comment

The thread question is quite staggering, really.

We need to explain why a fight with Martinez is worthwhile?

When did boxing fans become such monumental ******s?

Comment

Originally posted by Ottke's Twin View Post
                    The thread question is quite staggering, really.

We need to explain why a fight with Martinez is worthwhile?

When did boxing fans become such monumental ******s?
                    Quoted for truth, that is all!!

Comment

I guess that Bradley is going to bring a lot to the table to fight Manny Pacquiao. No belt, even less fans than Martinez, a less fan friendly style ... He's a good boxer, but in all those things you say Bradley is a lot worse than Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                      X