Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia Denies Chavez Jr. Talk, But Confirms Rubio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia Denies Chavez Jr. Talk, But Confirms Rubio

Trainer Robert Garcia advised BoxingScene.com that there is no truth to the rumors that he will be training former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. On Tuesday, trainer Freddie Roach told BoxingScene that he believes Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs) will retain the services of Garcia, who trains a solid stable of fighters in Oxnard, California.

Chavez hired Roach a few years ago, and their training camps have been chaotic at times. The last camp, which directly contributed to Chavez's twelve round decision loss to Sergio Martinez in September, was one of the worst training experiences in Roach's career. Chavez skipped numerous training sessions and often ignored Roach's advice. Chavez has now been hunting for a new coach.

After the loss to Martinez, Chavez tested positive for marijuana. He appears before the Nevada State Athletic Commission on February 28. The NSAC will issue an undetermined fine and suspension on the date of the hearing.

Roach was advised that strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza, and Chavez's manager Billy Keane, were trying to get Chavez hooked in with Garcia.

Ariza, who is currently in Mexico training Chavez and has no idea who the boxer will select as his trainer, told BoxingScene:

"I'm sorry that Freddie feels that way, but it's not my decision. I have no say on who Julio picks as his trainer," Ariza said.
    [Click Here To Read More]

man, get rubio zebra punk ass out of there.

Comment

rubio a good sparring partner for brandon rios.

Comment

according to this esnews ariza joined team mikey garcia, how come ariza has never been to robert garcia's gym??

Comment

Originally posted by patitou View Post
          according to this esnews ariza joined team mikey garcia, how come ariza has never been to robert garcia's gym??
          Ariza never got to work with Mikey, things fell through, but even if they had, Mikey doesnt train at Garcia's gym in Oxnard he trains in Riverside.

Comment

Originally posted by raysan View Post
            Ariza never got to work with Mikey, things fell through, but even if they had, Mikey doesnt train at Garcia's gym in Oxnard he trains in Riverside.
            Yeah I've heard that before. Is there any reason as to why Mickey trains in riverside and not in oxnard

Comment

Working...
            X