No announcement yet.

Cotto Looking for New Trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    1. Cotto's problem is he was never elite, is now getting older and has been in too many wars.

Diaz is an excellent trainer, I have worked with him and he's a scientist when it comes to boxing. Cotto was praising his methods for so long and now people want another trainer?

"You can't teach an old dog new tricks" that's the bottom line. Cotto is a veteran of the sport, a really good boxer and your not going to come in a change what he does at this stage of his career.

You can try and tweak different things but it's no guarantee that he will change them when the bullets start flying.

Cotto's time is done, I predicted a Trout win and I think the only thing Trout did for 2. Cotto was save him a brutal beating at the hands of Canelo.
    1. Who do you consider Elite then?
    2. We do not know that since Canelo did not looked good against Gomez andhe beat an old Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
      A mexicant, saying Cotto was never elite? Surprise surprise! lmao
      Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
      I'm not gonna read too much into the bold but I agree with the rest of your post.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Elite is Mayweather, Pacquaio, Marquez, Martinez.....you're going to tell me Cotto is on their level?

Just because I say Cotto isn't elite, doesn't mean he hasn't been a great champ.

I have all the respect in the world for Cotto but he's not lb 4 lb, never has been. He's that one level below.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520
        Quote:

Originally Posted by El C@cique@PR

A mexicant, saying Cotto was never elite? Surprise surprise! lmao

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

I'm not gonna read too much into the bold but I agree with the rest of your post.

Elite is Mayweather, Pacquaio, Marquez, Martinez.....you're going to tell me Cotto is on their level?

Just because I say Cotto isn't elite, doesn't mean he hasn't been a great champ.

I have all the respect in the world for Cotto but he's not lb 4 lb, never has been. He's that one level below.
        I'm not saying I agree or disagree. I just said i wasn't gonna read too much into it. Are you calling Trout elite? You don't have to be elite to beat Trout.

Comment

Fuck outta here with this shit!!

Martinez yes Cotto no? hahahahah
          Marquez and Cotto's career are comparable, only thing Marquez hve to hang on, is his last fight!! Please stop it bro!!

Comment

I'm not saying I agree or disagree. I just said i wasn't gonna read too much into it. Are you calling Trout elite? You don't have to be elite to beat Trout.

Saying Cotto was never elite is ridiculous and Trout aint elite, but his style and size, play a rol on his win against the tiny ass Cotto.

I bet Trout win or lose, makes Floyd, Canelo and most 154lbers look like assm, he style is ugly and tough!

Comment

You mean Alex Ariza.. he's not a boxing coach, he's a strength and conditioning coach..

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                1. Who do you consider Elite then?
                2. We do not know that since Canelo did not looked good against Gomez andhe beat an old Mosley
                I posted them, Mayweather, Pac, Martinez, JMM. Prime of course but those have been the lb4lb elite fighters in the sport in recent years.

Why would I call Trout elite? Cotto isn't the same fighter he once was, so beating him now isn't the same as it was a few years back.

Fuck outta here with this shit!!

Martinez yes Cotto no? hahahahah
                Marquez and Cotto's career are comparable, only thing Marquez hve to hang on, is his last fight!! Please stop it bro!!
                Saying Cotto was never elite is ridiculous and Trout aint elite, but his style and size, play a rol on his win against the tiny ass Cotto.

I bet Trout win or lose, makes Floyd, Canelo and most 154lbers look like assm, he style is ugly and tough!
                Martinez is a much better fighter than Cotto. You can throw a hissy fit all you want but it's true and most lb4lb lists show it.

Don't waste your time talking to me, your one of the worst posters here and I don't have time to talk to a little kid. If you want to disagree, then do it like an adult. If not just go away.

Comment

If this rumor was true, I'd probably say it'd had to do with dropping Landman when Pedro came in and then doing high altitude training when Cotto was already a veteran who never did that, with one foot out the door.

Those are the types of wrinkles you add when your fighting Michael Jennings, not Austin Trout and other world champs. I think that kind of bothered him. He look worn out by the 4th round. Plus I think Trout's team knew of that and kept pumping those straights into his gut, making it worse.

But I don't think he'll change. No one in the game, short of Beristein can do anything at this point. And I don't want that matchup because I want to see Cotto/Marquez. Its a shame, a damn shame that Steward passed. He really was the best trainer for Cotto. He knew his strengths and weaknesses and shored him up really well. I would have loved Mayweather/Cotto and Cotto/Trout under Steward's tutelage. RIP

Comment

'07-'08 cotto was elite...his consecutive wins over almost a dozen former, current and future world world champions + going undefeated against them put him there...so to say he was never elite is nonsense imho, he had a better resume than martinez has now

it's not just my opinion either...hbo made a claim before the margarito fight that in the absence of mayweather at the time, if he beat him he'd be #1 p4p

on topic: cotto really does need a new trainer, as I've said before pedro is a great therapist as he has the ability to raise confidence in a fighter but he simply doesn't have the experience needed for the pro game...his gameplan for trout was all wrong and it was abundantly clear he placed too much faith into cotto's power which backfired horribly

I'd like to see cotto reconcile with evangalista even though I do think he's past his prime he could still become a champ again

Comment

changing trainers every 5 mins isnt gonna help him. dont blame the trainer for defeats, blame yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X