Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Floyd-Broner be made soon? Around the 140lb mark?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Floyd-Broner be made soon? Around the 140lb mark?

What is the opinion of you guys?

Of course if Broner jumped up to 140 quick, that'd help. Plus Mayweather weigns in most at 147, for the Cotto fight he shrinked down to 147 after the weigh in. I say Floyd could take off some pounds without a fuss.

Hmmmm thats a tough question....i'd have to go with no way in hell

Comment

No. Floyd can not make 140 pounds.

Comment

No they will never fight,Floyd will be his mentor and maybe even his promoter

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
          What is the opinion of you guys?

Of course if Broner jumped up to 140 quick, that'd help. Plus Mayweather weigns in most at 147, for the Cotto fight he shrinked down to 147 after the weigh in. I say Floyd could take off some pounds without a fuss.
          Naw, Floyd aint dropping no weight. For JMM he could only get down to 46, beyond that it would drain him.
          Broner/Floyd aint gonna happen, why should it...

Comment

"He's [Floyd Jr.] still fighting outside his weight class by fighting at 147 [welterweight], because really, Floyd can make 140." - Floyd Mayweather Sr.

His Uncle said something similar in a youtube vid interview.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              "He's [Floyd Jr.] still fighting outside his weight class by fighting at 147 [welterweight], because really, Floyd can make 140." - Floyd Mayweather Sr.

His Uncle said something similar in a youtube vid interview.
              yea yea just like manny can still make 135 or 140 but never does...

Comment

Nope. They could get some solid sparring work with each other though.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                  yea yea just like manny can still make 135 or 140 but never does...
                  Well this isn't really about Pacquiao but I didn't like the way they repeatedly tried to do Marquez dirty with the weight. Boxing fans like to see fairness and a level playing field.

In saying that, I don't think Broner should fight Mayweather. It would be interesting stylistically though but not right at this point in Broner's career.

Comment

He couldn't make 144 for marquez so I doubt he goes below 147

Comment

Working...
                    X