Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Cleverly, Froch, Burns, Murray, Rees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Cleverly, Froch, Burns, Murray, Rees

By Frank Warren

THIS has been a great year for the fight game in Britain — yet 2013 has the potential to be even better.

In Nathan Cleverly, Carl Froch and Ricky Burns, we have three established world champions one win away from becoming sporting superstars who transcend boxing.

Clev endured a frustrating 2012 despite retaining his WBO light-heavyweight belt twice.

But he has to take care of Germany’s mandatory contender Robin Krasniqi in late February or early March, and then I’ll do my utmost to deliver the Welshman a unification fight against Kazakhstan’s WBA belt holder Beibut Shumenov, WBC king ‘Bad Chad’ Dawson from Connecticut or the victor of the pending IBF showdown between Tavoris Cloud and Bernard Hopkins.

If WBO lightweight boss Burns comes through a mark-time third defence of his belt in late January, as expected, I’d love to pair him with any of the other 135lbs world title claimants, but particularly overhyped WBC czar Adrien Broner from Cincinnati.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Frank still banging on about Clev-Froch. Carl isn't interested in fighting that no-mark. When will Frank get that through his thick head? Carl is a super-middleweight, not a lt-hw. A return with Kessler is a far more exciting prospect?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      By Frank Warren

THIS has been a great year for the fight game in Britain — yet 2013 has the potential to be even better.

In Nathan Cleverly, Carl Froch and Ricky Burns, we have three established world champions one win away from becoming sporting superstars who transcend boxing.

Clev endured a frustrating 2012 despite retaining his WBO light-heavyweight belt twice.

But he has to take care of Germany’s mandatory contender Robin Krasniqi in late February or early March, and then I’ll do my utmost to deliver the Welshman a unification fight against Kazakhstan’s WBA belt holder Beibut Shumenov, WBC king ‘Bad Chad’ Dawson from Connecticut or the victor of the pending IBF showdown between Tavoris Cloud and Bernard Hopkins.

If WBO lightweight boss Burns comes through a mark-time third defence of his belt in late January, as expected, I’d love to pair him with any of the other 135lbs world title claimants, but particularly overhyped WBC czar Adrien Broner from Cincinnati.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      OVERHYPED? If somone is overhyped its that chicken sh#t Burns. Tell your fighter to stop being a ***** and step the f#*k up.

Comment

mofo got a proper hard on for the cobra don't he. Carl too busy fighting proper opposition in 2013 to worry about paper champions that want a pay day off the back of him. Krasniqi is still a no mark. Worry about fighting legit light heavies first you ****copter!

Comment

God he's such a bell end, it's relentless. To suggest Froch would "swerve" a fight against Cleverly is just moronic. But everybody except Cleverly and Warren knows that.

I hate these FW "columns", he doesn't even attempt to hide the fact that it's a weekly press release. Absolute tosser.
          Last edited by fladz; 12-29-2012, 09:02 AM.

Comment

He writes his own column so you should expect a bit of hype-talk about his fighters against the likes of Froch etc. Cleverly's not as good as what Warren had hoped and a fight against Froch would be a huge financial gain, win-win situation.

2012 or 2013 won't be as good as the years that follow them, we're about to put a lot of talent on the world scene.

Comment

**** off fish-face Frank.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
                God he's such a bell end, it's relentless. To suggest Froch would "swerve" a fight against Cleverly is just moronic. But everybody except Cleverly and Warren knows that.

I hate these FW "columns", he doesn't even attempt to hide the fact that it's a weekly press release. Absolute tosser.

All of this. Spot on.

Comment

I’ll do my utmost to deliver the Welshman a unification fight against Kazakhstan’s WBA belt holder Beibut Shumenov, WBC king ‘Bad Chad’ Dawson from Connecticut or the victor of the pending IBF showdown between Tavoris Cloud and Bernard Hopkins.

I'm sure you will, Frank.

Comment

Clev sounding like a monster over there hahaha

Comment

Working...
                    X