Why do you like Berto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you like Berto?

This topic has nothing to do with hate.

I want to know why you as a fan like Berto?

I see alot of fans screaming that folks are just hating.

I see other people making very good points about his future.

What are your feelings?

Mine:

I have always liked Berto's offense. The man can put together a combo for sure. he also has very good handspeed!!!

Things I do have a problem with:

I don't like his trainer. I also think that he has no defense. That is not hate, it's a fact!

I think his lack of "D" at this point will cause him problems as he climbs the ranks of WW. That is something he can work on though.

All in all, he is a good fighter...I won't call him elite just yet.

Thoughts?..........

Young, fast, explosive and just dealt with a tragedy hard for me not to root for him now.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Young, fast, explosive and just dealt with a tragedy hard for me not to root for him now.
      What are some things you think he can improve on?

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
        I want to see him work on a step back counter. He has the reflexes for it but he rarely does it.

Id like to see him go to the body more.

Also when he ties people up to shoot uppercuts. Hes strong enough that he can tie up anybody he flat out mauled Q on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
          Its seems like he gets caught because he is always looking to come in with explosive shots. If he relaxes a little bit and works behind a jab more he can save some energy and he won't get hit as much. I think by looking for the KO all the time he gets hit and it also causes him to tire. I like the guy and I don't get why he is crucified on here.

Comment

Im a fan of Dre.

Berto is a real'nice person - fights for the right thing..., I like his boxing sytle, nice jabber, crazy uppercuts, good upper-body movement.

Ill root for him in every single fight except agianst Cotto, Mosley,Pac and Mayweather.

Comment

Been a champion since june 2008 and is still being treated as a prospect. Fighting poor competition and was posted by HBO as the next big thing and is far from it

Comment

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
                Its seems like he gets caught because he is always looking to come in with explosive shots. If he relaxes a little bit and works behind a jab more he can save some energy and he won't get hit as much. I think by looking for the KO all the time he gets hit and it also causes him to tire. I like the guy and I don't get why he is crucified on here.
                BIngo!!! Bro, I said the same **** to my brother last night. I was like "why does Berto just rush in like that, he will get put to sleep one day"....

I completely agree with everything you just wrote.

That is my only knock on Berto, he has to calm down, and get that defense tight.

Comment

I like his hand speed and quickness, solid reflexes.

He needs to improve on his defense, more controlled attacks. The only reason he clinches so much is because he's looking to attack with so many punches that he ends up too close to his opponent, then just clinches.

I don't think he's as strong as people think he is, it's just the opponents he's been facing. Once he faces someone that can match or nullify his hand speed, it's lights out.

If Mosley loses to May, then Berto vs Mosley will be back on.

Comment

he beat dirrell and bradley in the amatuers

Comment

Working...
                    X