Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Macklin: Sturm Tried To Take 40% of My Future Earnings!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Macklin: Sturm Tried To Take 40% of My Future Earnings!

According to middleweight contender Matthew Macklin (28-3, 19KOs), WBA champion Felix Sturm tried to force him into a rematch agreement that would guarantee Sturm a 40% take of Macklin's future earnings. Macklin lost a controversial split decision victory to Sturm in June 2011. Macklin is scheduled to face middleweight king Sergio Martinez on March 17th at New York's Madison Square Garden.

[Click Here To Read More]

OMG this couldnt be true could it ????

But Felix Durex Sturm wheres condoms why should u pay child support

lmfao

Comment

sturm is so great that he should just get money thrown at him for no reason

if pacquiao - mayweather happens.... sturm should get a 50% share

hell he should start personally taxing normal people

why dont he take out a 40% income tax from ALL of our future earnings?

sturm is like a mean medieval king from robin hood or something

Comment

Felix Sturm is a notch up from Sven Ottke; if I had to use an analogy I would describe Ottke as Diarrhea and Sturm as more of a solid plop.

Comment

This arrangement is reminiscent of Jim Braddock's with Joe Louis. As part of the payment for giving Louis a shot at Braddock's heavyweight title, Louis had to pay Braddock 10% of all his future purses.

If Sturm does the same and not only 10 but 40% it's a scandal. But before jumping to conclusions we need further info. For example we don't know for how many fights this deal should exist. Is it 1 fight, 3 fights, the rest of Mac's career?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            This arrangement is reminiscent of Jim Braddock's with Joe Louis. As part of the payment for giving Louis a shot at Braddock's heavyweight title, Louis had to pay Braddock 10% of all his future purses.
            Batt - I heard that wasn't actually true & the deal was that Braddock got 10% of Louis MANAGEMENTS' cut - still a decent amount in itself. I'm fairly certain I read that in a Louis biography & the press morphed into 10% of Joe's purse.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              According to middleweight contender Matthew Macklin (28-3, 19KOs), WBA champion Felix Sturm tried to force him into a rematch agreement that would guarantee Sturm a 40% take of Macklin's future earnings. Macklin lost a controversial split decision victory to Sturm in June 2011. Macklin is scheduled to face middleweight king Sergio Martinez on March 17th at New York's Madison Square Garden.

[Click Here To Read More]
              WOW!!!...Sturm getting into the PIMPING bizz....thats wassup lol

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                Batt - I heard that wasn't actually true & the deal was that Braddock got 10% of Louis MANAGEMENTS' cut - still a decent amount in itself. I'm fairly certain I read that in a Louis biography & the press morphed into 10% of Joe's purse.
                Could be. Nevertheless a slightly crooked way of doing business. Todays methods are far more subtle typically with Don King like options on future fights.

Comment

Dirty paper champion, he should have been encouraging Macklin to fight him because you could see in the first fight that Sturm had the wrong tactics in the first six rounds. Once he started to let his fists go, Macklin was out on his feet, Macklin should have got the decision, because his workrate was excellent (even though most of his shots didn't land clean through that tight guard).

Comment

the way it was it was 10% of LOUIS' future earnings which was big $$ 4 the day...figure Macklin won't be around or earn what Joe did, prorated even before taxes...Sturm's a champ as long as he stays w/WBA & in Germany...he leaves Germany he loses...

Comment

Working...
                    X