No announcement yet.

Seattle boxing gyms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
    yeah i looked into credit and bumblee and it looks like they're geared towards those who want to compete. bumblebee also seems more focused on kids and those who are younger rather than adult beginners.

Havent heard too much about Tenochtitlan. are you part of them?
    I used to train out of tenochititlan when it was slower and less crowded. It looks like they're more packed these days with three amateurs and one pro training out of there. There were a few older guys who were never planning to compete while I was still there, and the coach was fine with it. He used to only charge $50 a month back in my time.

I heard a rumor that Bumblebee once kicked a kid out of his gym for refusing to compete, but you can try to be upfront about what you're planning.

Credit's dues are around $75 a month. When I visited the gym a long time ago there were definitely people around who looked like they would never intend to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      I used to train out of tenochititlan when it was slower and less crowded. It looks like they're more packed these days with three amateurs and one pro training out of there. There were a few older guys who were never planning to compete while I was still there, and the coach was fine with it. He used to only charge $50 a month back in my time.

I heard a rumor that Bumblebee once kicked a kid out of his gym for refusing to compete, but you can try to be upfront about what you're planning.

Credit's dues are around $75 a month. When I visited the gym a long time ago there were definitely people around who looked like they would never intend to fight.
      yeah a guy i know checked out credit and they strictly want competitors.

Cappys is the best fit for what i want, but just way too expensive.

stopped by credit's during non business hours and he has a little spot in the back of a judo gym.

btw, thanks for the PM with the links

Comment

fraidycat lives in seattle, i don't know what gym he trains in, though

Comment

Nice to see some Washington heads in here.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
            Nice to see some Washington heads in here.
            I'm reppin Bellevue currently actually Newcastle but there is a gym in Redmond,Wa that is the serious truth. A little on the pricey side but its a kick ass cardio workout and you learn all the basic stuff. You have to prove you got the boxing fundamentals down before you can do some sparring but overall its a neat experience I went to a couple of classes to observe but I'm planning to join once I'm working again. Ring Sports United
            http://www.ringsportsunited.com/
            Boxing/Kick
            www.ringsportsunited.com
            1900 132nd Avenue Northeast
            Bellevue, WA 98005
            (425) 576-5300
            Get directions - Feedback
            Bus: NE 20th St & 132nd Ave NE

Open Mon 3:30pm-9pm; Tue-Thu 6:30am-9pm; Fri 6:30am-8pm; Sat 10am-1pm

Comment

Originally posted by bazil82 View Post
              I'm reppin Bellevue currently actually Newcastle but there is a gym in Redmond,Wa that is the serious truth. A little on the pricey side but its a kick ass cardio workout and you learn all the basic stuff. You have to prove you got the boxing fundamentals down before you can do some sparring but overall its a neat experience I went to a couple of classes to observe but I'm planning to join once I'm working again. Ring Sports United
              http://www.ringsportsunited.com/
              Boxing/Kick
              www.ringsportsunited.com
              1900 132nd Avenue Northeast
              Bellevue, WA 98005
              (425) 576-5300
              Get directions - Feedback
              Bus: NE 20th St & 132nd Ave NE

Open Mon 3:30pm-9pm; Tue-Thu 6:30am-9pm; Fri 6:30am-8pm; Sat 10am-1pm
              How much are the dues there? It doesn't say anything about it on the site.

Comment

a guy i know goes to RSU. he said it's alot cheaper than Cappys, which i think is pretty expensive.

Comment

yea cappys is expensive but imo the best bet for the kind of competition/exercise your looking for

Comment

If you aren't looking to compete then Cappy's is your best bet.. you will still have the option if you want, as Cappy frequently brings fighters to shows, but you won't be pressured into it like you would at most other gyms.

Surprised no one has said anything about White Center PAL.. puts on shows 2-3 a year and has had a decent amount of fighters flow through there.. Rob Diezel (best 125lbs fighter in WA for a while.. GG Winner and now pro), David Imoesiri (best 201 fighter in WA for a LONG time.. GG Winner 3 times, fought at nationals twice now and beat Hasim Rahman's kid.. going pro), etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
                      If you aren't looking to compete then Cappy's is your best bet.. you will still have the option if you want, as Cappy frequently brings fighters to shows, but you won't be pressured into it like you would at most other gyms.

Surprised no one has said anything about White Center PAL.. puts on shows 2-3 a year and has had a decent amount of fighters flow through there.. Rob Diezel (best 125lbs fighter in WA for a while.. GG Winner and now pro), David Imoesiri (best 201 fighter in WA for a LONG time.. GG Winner 3 times, fought at nationals twice now and beat Hasim Rahman's kid.. going pro), etc.
                      On the website it says they only teach mainly youth 9-17 years old

Comment

Working...
                      X