Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Tommy Hearns have fared against the following fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Tommy Hearns have fared against the following fighters?

vs Sugar Ray Robinson at 147
    vs Kid Gavilan at 147
    vs Aaron Pryor at 147
    vs Duran at 147
    vs Tito Trinidad at 147
    vs Ike Quartay at 147
    vs Marlon Sterling at 147
    vs Mike McCallum at 154
    vs Terry Norris at 154
    vs Julian Jackson at 154
    vs Herol Graham at 154 or 160
    vs Sumbu Kalambay at 160
    vs Michael Nunn at 160
    vs James Toney at 160
    vs Sergio Martinez at 160
    vs Bernard Hopkins at 160
    vs Marvin Hagler in a 1986 rematch

Watching Hearns when he would box and move was like poetry in motion, Tommy often took risks he didn't have to, and I could see him running into trouble against guys like Norris, Quartay and Trinidad if he becomes reckless. I honestly think Tommy on his best night is capable of beating all the aforementioned fighters as one offs.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Saint G Groves View Post
    vs Sugar Ray Robinson at 147
    vs Kid Gavilan at 147
    vs Aaron Pryor at 147
    vs Duran at 147
    vs Tito Trinidad at 147
    vs Ike Quartay at 147
    vs Marlon Sterling at 147
    vs Mike McCallum at 154
    vs Terry Norris at 154
    vs Julian Jackson at 154
    vs Herol Graham at 154 or 160
    vs Sumbu Kalambay at 160
    vs Michael Nunn at 160
    vs James Toney at 160
    vs Sergio Martinez at 160
    vs Bernard Hopkins at 160
    vs Marvin Hagler in a 1986 rematch

Watching Hearns when he would box and move was like poetry in motion, Tommy often took risks he didn't have to, and I could see him running into trouble against guys like Norris, Quartay and Trinidad if he becomes reckless. I honestly think Tommy on his best night is capable of beating all the aforementioned fighters as one offs.

What do you guys think?
    Robinson and Toney get him IMO. No way Tommy sees the bell in those two.

Gavilan, Hopkins, Nunn and Hagler 1986 are tough calls.

The rest he can beat. I would love to see the Nunn and Gavilan fight.

Comment

My List!

1. SRR Wins TKO or KO early to mid rounds over Hearns
      2. Gavilan Loses a good tough fight by Dec, I think he takes Hearns to his Limit
      3. Pryor Loses, their Amateur fight means nothing, KO Early
      4. Duran they did fight and Duran was Koed, and would be everytime
      5. Trinidad - This one could go either way every time they fought.
      6. Quartey Loses by TKO Mid rounds
      7. Starling Loses by Dec as his Boxing allows him to survive.
      8. McCaullum Wins by TKO or KO everytime
      9. Norris Wins by TKO or KO early to mid rounds
      10. Jackson Wins by TKO or KO same as Norris
      11. Graham Loses as he gets KOed as soon as Hearns tracks him down
      12. Kalambay Wins by Dec
      13. Nunn Wins same way as Kalambay
      14. Toney by TKO Mid rounds
      15. Martinez by KO Mid to late rounds
      16. Hopkins Wins by TKO Late
      17. Hagler- May not hate him as much or want to kill him as much in a Re-match, since he proved his point to him, unless Tommy has not learned his lesson, if he shoots his mouth off again, he gets killed again, if he is nice and respectful of Hagler, he most likely gets TKOed or with a lot of luck, Hagler might let him survive till the end to lose to Hagler in a Decision, again, it all depends on how he treats Marvin leading up to the fight, just don't piss him off a 2nd time TOMMY, if Duran and or Leonard had done that Duran gets KOed early and Leonard gets beat up by TKO or loses to Hagler on a Decision, but neither Duran or Leonard did that, they talked normal and with decent respect, but then again, Leonard and Hagler were excellent friends anyway, so he would never haver spoken ill of Hagler.

Comment

For the post that can't waste his time, you can tell by the way he copied you and then made a short post he is trying to post as much as he can with as little said as possible, if you can't reply fully to a post, then it's best not to post at all, because the fights you predicted most might agree, so it's a forgone conclusion, so you wasted your time anyway, it's the tougher fights and lower ones you didnt have time for that really matters and makes the difference in a post like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rspen46 View Post
          1. SRR Wins TKO or KO early to mid rounds over Hearns
          2. Gavilan Loses a good tough fight by Dec, I think he takes Hearns to his Limit
          3. Pryor Loses, their Amateur fight means nothing, KO Early
          4. Duran they did fight and Duran was Koed, and would be everytime
          5. Trinidad - This one could go either way every time they fought.
          6. Quartey Loses by TKO Mid rounds
          7. Starling Loses by Dec as his Boxing allows him to survive.
          8. McCaullum Wins by TKO or KO everytime
          9. Norris Wins by TKO or KO early to mid rounds
          10. Jackson Wins by TKO or KO same as Norris
          11. Graham Loses as he gets KOed as soon as Hearns tracks him down
          12. Kalambay Wins by Dec
          13. Nunn Wins same way as Kalambay
          14. Toney by TKO Mid rounds
          15. Martinez by KO Mid to late rounds
          16. Hopkins Wins by TKO Late
          17. Hagler- May not hate him as much or want to kill him as much in a Re-match, since he proved his point to him, unless Tommy has not learned his lesson, if he shoots his mouth off again, he gets killed again, if he is nice and respectful of Hagler, he most likely gets TKOed or with a lot of luck, Hagler might let him survive till the end to lose to Hagler in a Decision, again, it all depends on how he treats Marvin leading up to the fight, just don't piss him off a 2nd time TOMMY, if Duran and or Leonard had done that Duran gets KOed early and Leonard gets beat up by TKO or loses to Hagler on a Decision, but neither Duran or Leonard did that, they talked normal and with decent respect, but then again, Leonard and Hagler were excellent friends anyway, so he would never haver spoken ill of Hagler.
          Your analysis of Hearns vs Hagler (2) is laughable... Hearns pushed strongly for that rematch, but Hagler wanted nothing to do with Thomas Hearns after his very fortunate victory over Hearns. Tommy broke his famous right-hand in the opening round against Hagler, which "gifted"the bout to Hagler who was on the brink of being TKOd due to cuts.... I would expect Hearns to win by a landslide decision of TKO if a rematch had ever materialized.

Both Duran and Leonard never had a good word to say about Hagler in the build-up to their fights. Both were very insultive of Marvin, so your assessment is way off the mark.
          Last edited by sonnyboyx2; 08-25-2015, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X