No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins – The Investor, Part One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins – The Investor, Part One

by Thomas Gerbasi - The first knockdown could have been brushed away as questionable. The second time Bernard Hopkins hit the deck against Jean Pascal in their light heavyweight title fight last December, the only question was whether the 45 year old future Hall of Famer had finally reached the end of the line.

Hopkins jumped up immediately that night, ready to re-enter the battle. There was no sign of distress on his face, as he knows better than most the value of holding your cards close to your vest. But in his 59th professional fight, did it go through his head, even for a second, that he had finally grown old?

“Listen,” Hopkins told BoxingScene, “it goes through my head every time my wife says she wants some fun tonight and I can’t deliver. So what the hell, I don’t need to be in the ring to see that.”

That’s vintage Hopkins, and not just because he turned 46 on January 15th of this year. It’s because in a sports world full of liars, you’re going to get the truth from the Philly veteran, even if it’s only the truth as seen through his eyes. So there are no clichés, no softening of the blow to make his comments palatable for the mainstream; it’s all real stuff, and as he rolls towards 50, he admits without hesitation that he’s reached the age where all the parts don’t always work like they used to. [Click Here To Read More]

"it goes through my head every time my wife says she wants some fun tonight and I can't deliver. So what the hell, I don't need to be in the ring to see that"
    ehh, they make a pill for that. Maybe thats why he didnt want to do the "tests" I kid..

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
      ehh, they make a pill for that. Maybe thats why he didnt want to do the "tests" I kid..
      Damn, of all the wisdom and general sport knowledge he was kicking, you single that out...

Weird

Comment

Hopkins is the best student of the game of all boxers today. Thats why hes still so good. He lives boxing. He understands boxing cause hes studying and training it all the time. He is THE boxer!

Comment

bhop is nothing but a racist hating on his own ppl wat aN idiot why is bhop hating on mcnab because he didn't go to jail and had two parents you jealous bhop stop trying to put down your own ppl you sound like a uncle tom

Comment

i really hope this dumbass supremacist gets a beatdown in his next fight...

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
              Damn, of all the wisdom and general sport knowledge he was kicking, you single that out...

Weird
              twas a joke. I apoligize if I had offended any members of this prestigous forum

Comment

how come oscar had to fight hopkins at 160 ?but pac can take credit for beating oscar withouth stepping up to a real challenge ever? pac is aaaa joke in comparison to delahoya or even what oscar did because he never faces the best in any weight class.

Comment

Whatever happens in this bout I hope the judges bring their "A" game!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                    Hopkins is the best student of the game of all boxers today. Thats why hes still so good. He lives boxing. He understands boxing cause hes studying and training it all the time. He is THE boxer!
                    I agree...green!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X