Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Price vs Sexton Early Results: Hamilton Shocks Theophane

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Price vs Sexton Early Results: Hamilton Shocks Theophane

Ashley Theophane failed to make the third and final defense of his British light-welterweight title as Darren Hamilton caused an unexpected upset at the Aintree Equestrian Centre in Liverpool.

[Click Here To Read More]

Theophane not motivated. He's fighting decent class fighters for a couple of years then comes home to fight people like Ben Murphy.

No disrespect to Mr Murphy but if you've fought Corley, Daws, Garcia, Rodriguez etc it's hard to get 'up' for standard British fights.

The bright side is that maybe now Ashley will be offered a shot at a well known fighter in the US (if he's perceived to be shot/not good enough)

Comment

Man Price has some scary power. Great KO

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
        Theophane not motivated. He's fighting decent class fighters for a couple of years then comes home to fight people like Ben Murphy.

No disrespect to Mr Murphy but if you've fought Corley, Daws, Garcia, Rodriguez etc it's hard to get 'up' for standard British fights.

The bright side is that maybe now Ashley will be offered a shot at a well known fighter in the US (if he's perceived to be shot/not good enough)
        That may be the weakest excuse I've ever heard from a fan for why a fighter lost.

Comment

Good shīt, sucks for Ashley I thought he should have got the W against Garcia. Hopefully this wont set him back too much he's fun to watch..

Comment

Deadly? I think they were describing the Kessler v Green fight. Price looked good against a man afraid to throw a punch but was hardly a good fight to watch. Price is a going to be hard to beat but to get excited about dropping Sexton is nothing to brag about and was not deadly or exciting... more like expected against a man 6inches shorter

Comment

great knock out...price looks to be the real deal. i got to say he looks more & more of the real deal then tyson fury. fury is much younger & has a few better names on his resume then price but price looks to be coming along on the right path. pulev will be a target of both fury & price. eventually price & fury will fight. britain sure has a great domestic scene. lots of good fighters. haye, chisora, price, fury, dallas, rogan,sprott, harrison, towers, olumbimiwo & mike perez is fighting out of ireland.

Comment

Haven't seen the fight but Price seems to be a cut above domestic level - Chisora should be his next test and tell us far more as he should be able to test Price long enough to try his chin out.

That is the true test for me - as Price has been stopped before in the amateurs - I think more than once but definitely once - I don't think anybody has been good enough to test his chin yet in the pros and only then will we know whether he can be the real deal or not.

Certainly has the attributes - size, reach, jab and power though.

Comment

Price looked great against someone to afraid to throw a punch, let's see Price vs. Helenius!

Comment

Originally posted by sexto049 View Post
                    Price looked great against someone to afraid to throw a punch, let's see Price vs. Helenius!
                    I agree. Sexton didn't do much in that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X