No announcement yet.

Arum gets BURIED by Teddy Atlas on ESPN *VIDEO*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alibata View Post
    Where are you getting these figures... Floyd? Pac also signed a 75k contract from Nike..
    75 thousand dollar contract with Nike..................................that is nothing to brag about.

Tennis players you never heard of have better Nike contracts than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
      Yep. Fight is not going to happen.

Because of Manny's master..

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        We only know Bob has said Pac can't fight Floyd this year. Bob deoesn't want the fight because he figures manny loses and that reduces his earning potential. People like you, pacfan, cgarcia, fcastro1, brick wall, and the rest of the diehard manny fans don't want the fight because you guys just come on this board to hate on floyd. If he wins, then you really have noting to say.

Its a shame manny's diehard fans love manny more than they do boxing.
        I'm just being real. There's no way a superstar like Pacman is going to take Floyd's insulting offer. Floyd knows this. See, the problem with Floyd is he thinks this fight will always be there for him. Why, because he has no other job than to fight once a year. As much as I've always wanted Pac to focus on boxing, this is no longer the case. When I see him, I see a guy trying to get out of the sport. Floyd and his fans expecting Pac to beg for this fight is bordering on lunacy.

Frankly, this fight is never going to happen unless Floyd does something about it. I assure you he will beg for it eventually. Meanwhile, it's best to just leave it at that.

Comment

I'm just being real. There's no way a superstar like Pacman is going to take Floyd's insulting offer. Floyd knows this. See, the problem with Floyd is he thinks this fight will always be there for him. Why, because he has no other job than to fight once a year. As much as I've always wanted Pac to focus on boxing, this is no longer the case. When I see him, I see a guy trying to get out of the sport. Floyd and his fans expecting Pac to beg for this fight is bordering on lunacy.

Frankly, this fight is never going to happen unless Floyd does something about it. I assure you he will beg for it eventually. Meanwhile, it's best to just leave it at that.

Problem with your argument is Manny initally turned down a 50/50 split over not being able to know when he'd be tested for PED use. You wanted him to turn that deal down then, now suddenly its the offer floyd should be making.

either way you don't care if the fight is not happening hurts the sport or not becuase all you want to do is criticize floyd. So as long as there is no fight, nothing stops you from achieving your goal.

The only way manny's fans win is if the fight doesn't happen, so you openly root for it not to happen. Way to be a boxing fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Problem with your argument is Manny initally turned down a 50/50 split over not being able to know when he'd be tested for PED use. You wanted him to turn that deal down then, now suddenly its the offer floyd should be making.
            Floyd could have dropped the silly ped test excuse and the fight would have happened. It's all suspicions and jealousy. Normal people initially thought Pac was on peds. They gave him the benefit of the doubt. They waited for evidence to surface. For three solid years no evidence has surfaced. People knew he's clean as a whistle. So looking back, Floyd is seen as he was initially. He's scared of Pac.

I even doubt the fight could have happened if Pac just called Floyd's bluff from the very beginning.

Comment

Floyd could have dropped the silly ped test excuse and the fight would have happened. It's all suspicions and jealousy. Normal people initially thought Pac was on peds. They gave him the benefit of the doubt. They waited for evidence to surface. For three solid years no evidence has surfaced. People knew he's clean as a whistle. So looking back, Floyd is seen as he was initially. He's scared of Pac.

I even doubt the fight could have happened if Pac just called Floyd's bluff from the very beginning.

In America, if you fail to take a breathylyzer or drug test, IT IS treated as a positive. Manny's actions brought on suspicion. Regardless, he turned deal down.

You could argue no evidence has surfaced because manny doesn't submit himself to the level of testing that would catch the more sophisticated PED's just as you could argue he is clean. I have always given him the benefit of the doubt but I do think his actions have been suspect.

Floyd's request for testing was reasonable. But you told manny to refuse deal. Now you say he should take same deal.

So why did you change your opinion? What is different now then Dec 2009? Why aren't you still against manny taking OST?

Comment

• Pac has accepted the test and Floyd moved the goal post again.

Comment

Pac has accepted the test and Floyd moved the goal post again.

Yeah 6 months later.

So why did you change your opinion? What is different now then Dec 2009? Why aren't you still against manny taking OST?

Comment

• Just five years from now Floyd is going to have a hard time explaining himself why he didn't challenge himself to fight the guy fans wanted him to fight. It would be very difficult because we are in a very impatient age. We are living in a 24hr/day news cycle where only sound bytes matter. You'll be lucky to be given five uninterrupted minutes explaining yourself. Man, how are you going to explain all that in five minutes?

We see it in US politics, especially. Once you're labeled a flip-flop, you're a flip-flop. The damage has been done. Once you're labeled a coward...

Comment

Just five years from now Floyd is going to have a hard time explaining himself why he didn't challenge himself to fight the guy fans wanted him to fight. It would be very difficult because we are in a very impatient age. We are living in a 24hr/day news cycle where only sound bytes matter. You'll be lucky to be given five uninterrupted minutes explaining yourself. Man, how are you going to explain all that in five minutes?

We see it in US politics, especially. Once you're labeled a flip-flop, you're a flip-flop. The damage has been done. Once you're labeled a coward...

ACtually it takes seconds to say, Manny wouldn't make Bob Arum make the fight!

Comment

Working...
                      X