No announcement yet.

Video: Roberto Garcia - Nonito Donaire is the best skilled Filipino boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
    So just because viloria was born in the u.s. makes him any less filipino than donaire??? Donaire was raised in mainland u.s. Fought and lost to viloria in the US olympic trials in which he went on to medal that philippine media loved to tout when he was a "filipino" world champion and donaire wasnt. And to top it off donaire's wife is a US gold medalist as well.
    lololol..............Nonito grew up and was raised in the Philippines. He came to the States when he was 12. Brian never gave props to the Philippines, never mentioned he is Pinoy. The only time he started mentioning he is Pinoy is when he saw Manny Pacquiao having success and found out that there is money in Filipino pockets.

Brandon Vera, although (Half-Pinoy half Italian)-American, is more Pinoy than Brian Viloria.

Ryan ******** is more Pinoy than Brian Viloria.

OK that last statement might be of a stretch.
    Last edited by Chups; 09-22-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
      lololol..............Nonito grew up and was raised in the Philippines. He came to the States when he was 12. Brian never gave props to the Philippines, never mentioned he is Pinoy. The only time he started mentioning he is Pinoy is when he saw Manny Pacquiao having success and found out that there is money in Filipino pockets.

Brandon Vera, although (Half-Pinoy half Italian)-American, is more Pinoy than Brian Viloria.

Watch, Manny Pacman will be an American soon. Once Boxing completely dies and people are grasping at straws this is how a convo will go

"Manny is AMERICAN, he fights here ******, If he fighting in America and he has an American Trainer,paying American taxes, well dat means he be American!"

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
        Watch, Manny Pacman will be an American soon.

"its cuz he fights here ******, If he fighting in America and he has an American Trainer, well dat means he be American!"

I'm so glad Buboy trains Pac.

Comment

OK that last statement might be of a stretch.
          So now you have to openly claim that you're filipino to be accepted as such??? Despite the fact that viloria had spent just about equivalent amount of time living in the philippines as donaire??? If donaire is so filipino why didnt he try out for the philippine olympic team where he would have made it with ease???

Face it both are just as filipino and both as american as the other. The only differencr being one is on the rise while the other is on the last wobbly leg of their career.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
            No doubt about it.

Donaire may be of Filipino decent, but he's an American product. All of his skills are "MADE IN AMERICA". He's a tremendous boxer/puncher who is light years beyond any of his countrymen in terms of skills.

No Filipino from the actual island is going to come here with those skills. Never happen because the trainers over there don't have the ability to hone a fighter like he's been trained.

Not in boxing anyway. Cane fighting definitely. That's a different thread though.
            Made in America??? Where did you get that crap?

First of all, Nonito was born in Bohol, Philippines and grew up in General Santos City. His family went to the US while he was still 10 or 12 years old.

Take note of this, during their younger years, Donaire and his older brother Glenn frequently spar against each other under the tutelage of Nonito Sr.

While in San Lorenzo High School in San Lorenzo, California the brothers won an assortment of regional and district amateur boxing championships with Nonito Sr. as the trainer.

When he bacame professional, Donaire has been trained by the Peñalosa brothers Gerry, Dodie Boy and Jonathan who arguably are the best Filipino trainers of this time. Under their watchful eyes and guidance, Nonito Jr. became more technical.

Can you please, name a single American coach or trainer that helped Jr. become what he is now?
            Last edited by Dale Cardon; 09-22-2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
              So now you have to openly claim that you're filipino to be accepted as such??? Despite the fact that viloria had spent just about equivalent amount of time living in the philippines as donaire??? If donaire is so filipino why didnt he try out for the philippine olympic team where he would have made it with ease???

Face it both are just as filipino and both as american as the other. The only differencr being one is on the rise while the other is on the last wobbly leg of their career.
              Not to the eyes of a real Filipino.

Comment

skills is another thing, Pac would have murdered Nonito at 118 or 122

and if Nonito moved up to 126, Pac would knock him out in 3 rounds

The better fighter always wins, not the fighter with the most skills

Comment

Not to the eyes of a real Filipino.
                  Which is why I was debating with that writer. What exactly qualifies quarter filipinos more media coverage than full blooded filipinos??? If the answer is truly as simple as one openly claiming filipino heritage then the people writing the stories are just as idiotic and deluded as the simpletons buying into the bull****. Its not doing the filipino race any favors to ride the coattails of the successful while disowning them thr minute they get knocked off their perch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ryan View Post

I agree that Donaire has the better skills but Pac is a one of kind Human specimen! Donaire & PBF always have a Problem with Hands! Pac hits so hard & Its a Wonder how he seldom injured his hands. Pac Probably has a very Strong bones!!

Here's My Donaire-Dachinyan Predictions mentioning Donaire's skills as early as 2007.

07-02-2007, 07:41 PM #1
                    PacDbest
                    Belt holder
                    ESB Addict

vCash: 1000 Darchinyan VS Donaire, I smell an Upset...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like Darchinyan, I like KO artist, I like fighters who fights anybody. I've seen a Bunch of Darchinyan fights. Even rate him top of the 112 & top 15 P4P.

I've seen only about 3 fights of Nonito in youtube. But I met the guy & his Brother Glen personally twice at a Party & we talk a lot about Boxing. He said he beat Jason Litzau in the Amateur. Also they thought that they we're robbed by the Judges when he fought Viloria in the Olympic trials. He is supposed to be lined up against Arce but Arce lost to mijares. That's why I'm not surprised when I heard he got This title shot.

Based on my observation Donaire is very skillfull, quick with his hands & feet, has some Power, full of confidence, very smart, in short he's the Filipino version of PBF. Personality wise this guy are way different than his Brother Glen who is the Shy or low key guy. Nonito, in the Parties that we've been in, is the light of the dancefloor. He dances all night long proves he has an endless stamina. Good dancer too means he has good Hand, eye & feet coordination.

The only question is... can he handle Vic's Power?? I ask his cornermen if he has a good chin, they say he was woobled once but recovered & KO the opponent shortly.

I've seen replay of the dachinyan-Pacheco fight, in this fight Pacheco was outboxing Vic, Then the fireworks interrupt the fight, Vic recovered & KOed Pacheco shortly. Pacheco is one of the tallest fighter Vic has fought.

The reason I smell upset is because Nonito is a Legit 5'6" & a half. he's quicker & he can move. Vic will have a hardtime finding him. Nonito has a lethal left hook & I see them landing everytime Vic tries to attack. I don't think Darchinyan can be KOed, but I see Donaire outboxing him in a lopsided fashion. Kinda like what Mijares did to ARce.

Comment

Working...
                    X