No announcement yet.

need some opinions and help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some opinions and help

been trainin for 2 and a half years now and STILLL no fights.ive been with the same trainer the whole time, but for like a month now, i havent seen my trainer and when i go to the gym, i just do whatever, and different coaches catch me on the mits.the one that has been workin with me doesnt train boxers only martial arts ****.soo im lost with no trainer..i wanna fight but nobdoy can set me up with it or any thing.so it kinda drained me of my motivation and makes me ask my self when im training " why am i doing this?" or "why should i box" **** like that..im thinkin of takin a month or so off to get back motivation and make me want it again..when i come back im thinkin of goin to a new gym about 30 miles away from where i live though..**** i dont know what to do

I'm in the same situation bro. I worka my ass off at the gym 5 days a week, and it seems none of the trainers care. I know I'm one of the best fighters up there, but yet they still haven't got me a fight. I love boxing and don't want to quit, but I WANT TO FIGHT!

Comment

Originally posted by VBoxer View Post
      I'm in the same situation bro. I worka my ass off at the gym 5 days a week, and it seems none of the trainers care. I know I'm one of the best fighters up there, but yet they still haven't got me a fight. I love boxing and don't want to quit, but I WANT TO FIGHT!
      How can you say you are one of the best fighters if you have never fought? Maybe you should check your attitude, it probably shows and is a reason they do not want to get you a fight.

Comment

I said I'm one of the best fighters at my gym. I know this because I spar 5 times a week. And its called confidence, its not cockiness.

Comment

I said I'm one of the best fighters at my gym. I know this because I spar 5 times a week. And its called confidence, its not cockiness.
          Truth is sparring and fighting are two different animals. 5 times a week is excessive if you are truly doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Count Patron View Post
            Truth is sparring and fighting are two different animals. 5 times a week is excessive if you are truly doing that.
            i don't think 5 times is too much. I use to do 6 times at 5 hours daily and i was happy and fit as a horse.

Yes sparring and fighting is different but for me i have fear sometimes when sparring because i don't want to get knocked out on a monday afternoon and i don't always agree with the sparring partner trying to punch the crap out of me just be able to say he did.
            Weeks before or during a fight i am so focussed only on winning and so ready that i find fighting easier than sparring because you really work for the moment...

Regarding not been able to fight;

How old are you? Do others at your gym fight? because there are many gyms that don't have fighters or the gym only focus to teach recreational guys...

Comment

whats up, mr.clean?

Comment

thats really annoying when the gyms only teach boxercise **** or waeva

Comment

well anyways ..... keep your head up and your heart strong, FLIP. I'm proud with my myself even though I haven't had a fight yet. One day it will come....

Comment

My advice guys...

Get a new trainer. You need to motivated and have a goal. If it was me I would set an AM fight on my own up to 6 months in advance and than work toward that date. HOWEVER, You dont need a trainer to get a fight just a couple phone calls, paperwork etc...

Dont blame your trainer for you not fighting. But I also agree that you need to stay motivated toward a goal or just do it to stay in shape and have fun.

good luck...
                    try this

google

amateur boxing (your state) even (your city)

Comment

Working...
                    X