Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks the Donaire-Mathebula fight wasn't close AT ALL????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, you can only give Mathebula a few sympathy rounds at best. During teh thread last night a few people had Mathebula actually up in scorecads and cried foul when they saw the scores so wide. I think the problem is a few people judge fights similiar to amateur boxing, "a punch landed is a punch landed" which shouldnt be the case in pro fighting.
    i just because a fighter loads up on his punches or just because you think he is a hard puncher you don't give him the rounds Donaire was missing badly and swinging wild landing almost nothing , defense and ring generalship is scoring criteria and people like you shouldn't really critique score cards.

114-113 had him down 6-4 but Donaire broke his tooth won the 11th and 12th and salvaged the fight IMO

Comment

I had 115-112 for Donaire, 7 rounds to 5 for the Philippino Flash. The official score card was garbage

Comment

I had donaire winning by a lot. His opponent was content with sticking a weak jab out and moving away as fast as he could. The reason he even did as good as he did was because donaire HAD to be aggressive or there wouldn't have been a fight. The south African was sorta fighting like wlad when wlad fights a big punched. Jab and get the bell out of the way so I don't get hit. That's the name of the game I understand but to me he cant complain because he didn't come to win and wasn't aggressive. The dude is huge but fought like a scared woman.

Comment

Working...
        X