No announcement yet.

shane mosley vs jmm @ 135

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
    he was a "beast" because most of his title defenses and fights in that division were against unranked nobodies. Had he fought some top fighters at LW he wouldn't have looked that great.
    No need to fantasize.

He did fight 1 top fighter, Philip Holiday, and he looked dead average.

I keep seeing "If Diaz rocked Marquez at Lightweight, what do you think Mosley would do?"

That's like saying "If Diaz rocked Marquez at Lightweight, what do you think Pacquaio at 147 will do?"

And how about "If Shane couldn't stop Holiday at 135 (The only top fighter he fought there and ranked in general) then how's he going to stop Marquez?"

Shane will catch him and hurt him, perhaps drop him but he's not going to stop him. And he get's throughly outboxed from then on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiei View Post
      he was on EPO.......so all his wins are suspect
      Only good answer in this thread. EPO Shane Mosley can rip through almost anyone, but without steroids he's garbage.

Comment

Shane was bigger, faster, and stronger as a LW than piss drinker is
        don't think Marquez would see the last bell
        he doesn't have the jab to deal with Shane like others who beat him
        rangy guys with inside strength gave Shane the business
        can't see Marquez duplicating that
        as a LW, Shane was just as good a combination puncher as Marquez
        Shane might not blow him out but he'd stop him eventually
        Marquez wouldn't be strong enough to hurt him

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
          Only good answer in this thread. EPO Shane Mosley can rip through almost anyone, but without steroids he's garbage.
          Shane looked better off epo. >__>... Unless we're speculating that it was in more than the one fight he came clean for..

Comment

And not to mention, Shane was also a devastating body puncher at 135 too. Hypothetically speaking, Mosley would just simply overpower JMM at the weight class because he was an oversized lightweight with too much skill.

Comment

mosley by UD... Drops Marquez a few times...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I have Mosley by KO. Forgetting the KO JMM just got on Manny, he did have a tough time with Katsidis and Juan Diaz. Mosley at 135 was fast as **** and had power and wasn't a small Lightweight.

Comment

100%

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Shane Mosley wins...this was prime Shane Mosley. We're talking 135 Marquez, the Marquez who fought a FOTY with Juan Diaz and took some punches against Katsidis. Mosley in 1994 at 22 years old was getting used by Julio Cesar Chavez to spar for Meldrick Taylor, footage shows a young, skinny, Shane Mosley getting the best of JCC with his handspeed.

If you want to get more detailed...prime Shane all the way to past prime late 2000s Shane would probably never lose to a guy of Marquez's style, especially not one who he's BIGGER than, much bigger. It's no secret that Mosley's greatest performances came against the best Mexican fighters he's faced, DLH in 2000, Vargas in 2006, Margarito in 2009. Marquez would just end up in that list, and I love JMM. Shane at 5' 9" with his power, speed and reach would beat Marquez at 135 all the way to 147. A bit off topic: Actually, I don't doubt for one second that the CURRENT retired Shane Mosley would all of a sudden look young again against JMM at 147.
                  Shane was a better fighter. point blank. I think if they fought tomorrow, shane would beat him.

Comment

At 135 Shane was one of the best fighters I have ever seen. Shane KO's JMM.

Comment

Working...
                    X