No announcement yet.

Respecting others privacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respecting others privacy?

if you found out someone close to was on a forum and you knew his/her username, would you spy or privately stalk someone them without them knowing it?

or alternatively, how would you feel if someone you cared about was spying on you here secretly without you knowing it. it wouldn't have to be a g/f or wife, it could be anyone you are close to?

Please discuss...
    __________________________________________________ _______________

My story: my husband belongs to a few forums, as do I, but obviously we don't belong to the same forums. We both know what the sites are but we respect each others privacy and don't "spy" or stalk each other. We haven't shared our usernames. Any way, he has posted some pics on one of his forums of this room he built (he was so proud) and wanted to ask me a technical question on how he could make the pics smaller. So, I am checking out the pics and i notice the post beneath them in which he is complaining about me having the "honey-do lists" and him rolling hs eyes and saying "yeah, honey, i'll get right on that" (since i have been put on bed rest). it was rather funny because he and i know the REAL truth, but it made me realize that when he is not with me he likes to portray himself as a typical guy. while i was immediately curious what else he may have posted, particularly about me, i'd really rather not know. plus, i just respect and trust him and would not feel right intruding on his privacy. i know the real him - not the "him" that he portrays to a group of guys or strangers. plus, i would hate if he did it to me. it's kinda like reading someone's diary, IMO.

so i chose not to spy on him as i would not want to be spied on.
    Last edited by * FeistyWench *; 09-07-2006, 06:28 PM.

u raise a good point. u see, a strong confident morally respectiful person like yourself wouldnt spy and shouldnt either. privacy should be just that: private. but im a noisy mutha fuka and if my girl had some **** like that i wouldnt even hesitate to see what other **** she wrote. thats my 2 cents. peace yo-

Comment

I detest spying, as I am constantly spied on.

Comment

Originally posted by Piggu
        I detest spying, as I am constantly spied on.
        who spies on you?

Comment

If thats the type of stuff he's posted regarding you. You have nothing to worry about. Now if you saw where he typed. "I cant stand the *****, and I cant wait unitill I get my hands on the life insurance." Then you have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sho-Nuff
            If thats the type of stuff he's posted regarding you. You have nothing to worry about. Now if you saw where he typed. "I cant stand the *****, and I cant wait unitill I get my hands on the life insurance." Then you have a problem.
            lol! no, it was just macho stuff.

i know i have nothing to worry about

Comment

Feisty. Im waiting for you.

Haha, ill stop ****ing around for once. Well what I say on here is semi-private... however if anyone knows me in real life, they also know I dont give a **** if people know about my opinions. One of the ways people may get to know about my account here and what I say is through what is mentioned in conversation with friends. For instance Boxstarr who a few of you know may mention something, and then someone sad enough to go check up on me may do so. But like I said, I wouldnt say the things I say without knowing that one day someone may track this information... And if they do track this information, then generally what I post here are my true opinions, so they will have to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by * Feisty Wench
                SO - would you spy or privately stalk someone you were close to on a forum without them knowing it?

or alternatively, how would you feel if someone you cared about was spying on you here secretly without you knowing it. it wouldn't have to be a gf or wife, what if it was a sibling or parent or child
                (son or daughter)?

My story: my husband belongs to a few forums, as do I, but obviously we don't belong to the same forums. We both know what the sites are but we respect each others privacy and don't "spy" or stalk each other. We haven't shared our usernames. Any way, he has posted some pics on one of his forums of this room he built (he was so proud) and wanted to ask me a technical question on how he could make the pics smaller. So, I am checking out the pics and i notice the post beneath them in which he is complaining about me having the "honey-do lists" and him rolling hs eyes and saying "yeah, honey, i'll get right on that" (since i have been put on bed rest). it was rather funny because he and i know the REAL truth, but it made me realize that when he is not with me he likes to portray himself as a typical guy. while i was immediately curious what else he may have posted, particularly about me, i'd really rather not know. plus, i just respect and trust him and would not feel right intruding on his privacy. i know the real him - not the "him" that he portrays to a group of guys or strangers. plus, i would hate if he did it to me. it's kinda like reading someone's diary, IMO.

i've been stalking u since 1977

Comment

I would find it very difficult to not spy.
                  I think its somthing to do with sharing a bedroom with my older brother wen i was a kid. He had all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff hidden away, and id seek out.

Also ive known girls who lie and decieve. So im naturally paranoid.

Comment

Originally posted by * Feisty Wench
                    SO - would you spy or privately stalk someone you were close to on a forum without them knowing it?

or alternatively, how would you feel if someone you cared about was spying on you here secretly without you knowing it. it wouldn't have to be a gf or wife, what if it was a sibling or parent or child
                    (son or daughter)?

Perhaps he's just using the forums as a way to vent his frustrations with the current situation. When my wife was pregnant, she would have me do things around the house that she would normally do. In the beginning, it was cool to help her out, but after while, with all the nagging, it became extremely annoying. I never told her that because I wanted her pregnancy to be a smooth and stress-free transition.

Comment

Working...
                    X