No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez vs Darren Barker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez vs Darren Barker

Darren Barker is a very talented fighter who i believe would beat any other middleweight belt holder i.e Sturm, Chavez, Pirog, but i fear Martinez will just have too much for Dazzling Darren and will stop him late on after a punishing contest for barker, but you never know Sergio is knocking on a bit now and might get old over night, well mabye not but i can hope.

Sergio Martinez is bst i really like his is very strong man very good boxer

Comment

Originally posted by northernmonkey View Post
      Darren Barker is a very talented fighter who i believe would beat any other middleweight belt holder i.e Sturm, Chavez, Pirog, but i fear Martinez will just have too much for Dazzling Darren and will stop him late on after a punishing contest for barker, but you never know Sergio is knocking on a bit now and might get old over night, well mabye not but i can hope.
      so what are your thoughts on a potential martinez/pirog matchup?
      i think barker is an alright fighter, but as you said, not so sure for martinez. their camp did say after the dzinziruk win that they're going to take an easy fight next, so it was to be expected. in the beginning, they talked about manfredo jr or ishida as potential opponents, but then ended up with barker.
      as a fan of martinez, i really want him to unify the MW division, but a win over barker seems to me that it won't do anything to get him closer to that. and time isn't on martinez's side either, so it's a risky fight to take when time is running out for him. i really hope after this, he can go after chavez (if he doesn't duck him) geale, and pirog.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        so what are your thoughts on a potential martinez/pirog matchup?
        i think barker is an alright fighter, but as you said, not so sure for martinez. their camp did say after the dzinziruk win that they're going to take an easy fight next, so it was to be expected. in the beginning, they talked about manfredo jr or ishida as potential opponents, but then ended up with barker.
        as a fan of martinez, i really want him to unify the MW division, but a win over barker seems to me that it won't do anything to get him closer to that. and time isn't on martinez's side either, so it's a risky fight to take when time is running out for him. i really hope after this, he can go after chavez (if he doesn't duck him) geale, and pirog.
        i think Martinez beats anyone at 160 right now i think he beats Pirog easily, i agree he shouldn't be taking easy fights at this stage of his career, Barker is a risky fight for him a lot more risky than manfredo or ishida, Sergio has nothing to gain from this match up and Barker is no bum, he does need to get chavez in the ring but i cant see Arum letting that happen, he's not going to risk his cash cow this early,

Comment

i think Martinez beats anyone at 160 right now i think he beats Pirog easily, i agree he shouldn't be taking easy fights at this stage of his career, Barker is a risky fight for him a lot more risky than manfredo or ishida, Sergio has nothing to gain from this match up and Barker is no bum, he does need to get chavez in the ring but i cant see Arum letting that happen, he's not going to risk his cash cow this early,
          sulaiman said to martinez that he'll get a shot at chavez next year, and chavez said himself in an interview that he's ready for anyone. i do agree with you and think arum will get in the way of it happening. for some reason, i think martinez wants that wbc belt and paycheck first before trying to challenge other top fighters. pirog seems to be the toughest opponent for martinez cause of his ko over jacobs and his overall skills. i really hope martinez can try and unify the division before his age catches up to him....

Comment

Who the **** has Barker even fought? No one knows who he is outside of the U.K. They U.K. has a bunch of stiffs that simply can't compete on a world level. Look at Ryan Rhodes, hes a european champion and has a good record in the U.K. but he just got the **** beat out of him by a 20 year old with no head movement or footwork.

Pirog would beat the hell out of Barker and Martinez. Why else would Martinez duck him to fight Drizurick and say "**** Pirog we will never fight him!"

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              Who the **** has Barker even fought? No one knows who he is outside of the U.K. They U.K. has a bunch of stiffs that simply can't compete on a world level. Look at Ryan Rhodes, hes a european champion and has a good record in the U.K. but he just got the **** beat out of him by a 20 year old with no head movement or footwork.

Pirog would beat the hell out of Barker and Martinez. Why else would Martinez duck him to fight Drizurick and say "**** Pirog we will never fight him!"
              you're an idiot. rhodes was a legit opponent. he came into that fight with a horrible gameplan, that's what went wrong, it blew up in his face. alvarez has been improving in footwork and head movement, you wouldn't know because he's not pacquiao or on top rank.
              pirog got a sensational KO of a prospect like himself and then he goes to a decision with a young/not so experienced fighter as himself in maciel. dibella said that "**** pirog" thing not martinez. martinez has said that his goal is become p4p #1, and he thinks he can accomplish that by taking on the big names in boxing that are around him (chavez, cotto, mayweather, and pacquiao). like i said, these guys are not pacquiao or top rank fighters, so i wouldn't expect you to know ***** about them....

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                you're an idiot. rhodes was a legit opponent. he came into that fight with a horrible gameplan, that's what went wrong, it blew up in his face. alvarez has been improving in footwork and head movement, you wouldn't know because he's not pacquiao or on top rank.
                pirog got a sensational KO of a prospect like himself and then he goes to a decision with a young/not so experienced fighter as himself in maciel. dibella said that "**** pirog" thing not martinez. martinez has said that his goal is become p4p #1, and he thinks he can accomplish that by taking on the big names in boxing that are around him (chavez, cotto, mayweather, and pacquiao). like i said, these guys are not pacquiao or top rank fighters, so i wouldn't expect you to know ***** about them....
                Maciel wasn't bad tbh, and an awful style matchup for pirog.

As for martinez, he'd clean out the division in a year if chavez stopped ducking him.

Comment

barker beats none of the champions,he's good but he gets beat by all of them

strum beats macklin and martinez beats barker then they can fight each other

Comment

Originally posted by eli porter View Post
                    Maciel wasn't bad tbh, and an awful style matchup for pirog.

As for martinez, he'd clean out the division in a year if chavez stopped ducking him.
                    i didn't say maciel was bad, he isn't, it's just he hasn't had great level of opposition, same goes for pirog. only reason i don't see martinez/pirog happening is because pirog hasn't had much time fighting good opposition and isn't widely known. it should happen late next year though, if pirog continues defending his wbo belt as he's doing.

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
                    barker beats none of the champions,he's good but he gets beat by all of them

strum beats macklin and martinez beats barker then they can fight each other
                    i have to agree, i don't see barker beating sturm, no way he beats pirog. i'm not sure sturm would face martinez after the macklin bout, just my opinion, i think he looks the other way if that fight is proposed to him. if chavez doesn't duck martinez for a fight next year, i'd love to see martinez take on chavez and geale next year, and possibly try to get a fight on with sturm or pirog for late 2012.

Comment

Working...
                    X