No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Was Confident of KO Once Leg Felt Better

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana Was Confident of KO Once Leg Felt Better

Home Depot Center, Carson, California - Welterweight contender Marcos Maidana (34-3, 31KOs) says a shot to the hip in Saturday's fight against Josesito Lopez (30-6, 18KOs) was a serious concern in the fight. During the action, Maidana stated that his leg went numb and he had trouble moving for at least two rounds, which allowed Lopez to rally strong with big punches.

Once the pain in his hip went away, Maidana was very confident that he was capable of knocking Lopez out. The end came in the sixth, after Maidana dropped Josesito and then followed up by trapping him against the ropes and letting his hands go with hard landed punches. [Click Here To Read More]

i did see maidana shaking his leg during the fight. i thought he had a cramp.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
      i did see maidana shaking his leg during the fight. i thought he had a cramp.
      I do remember that moment. Josesito jumped on Maidana when he saw him lift his leg and I thought that Chino was on the verge of getting stopped. At least we know why his offense turned off in the 4th.

Comment

The leg lift makes sense now!!!!!
        I was watchin lik what the f**k he do that for!!!!
        Explains why he was slower more boxing in two rds an gave lopez a chance to come back that was lopez chance to pull it off an he didnt take it he let dana get his leggs back literally dont feel bad for lopez even more now!!!!

Comment

"When I told him that my leg was bothering, he said 'we came here to go to war'"

lol classic

Comment

Quite strange in boxing, but it makes some sense now.
            It was the left leg, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              Quite strange in boxing, but it makes some sense now.
              It was the left leg, isn't it?
              It was the right leg.

Comment

I feel bad for Josesito... I wish him success! But Maidana is an animal..

Comment

Originally posted by SaldanaCC View Post
                  The leg lift makes sense now!!!!!
                  I was watchin lik what the f**k he do that for!!!!
                  Explains why he was slower more boxing in two rds an gave lopez a chance to come back that was lopez chance to pull it off an he didnt take it he let dana get his leggs back literally dont feel bad for lopez even more now!!!!
                  Exactly! I remember specifically at the end of the 4th he had Lopez backed up against the ropes & backed off him inexplicably & let him rally. It carried over into the next round too & I was like WTF is wrong with him.

Comment

Working...
                  X