No announcement yet.

Quit acting like Lacy was a bum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People love KO's.

Lacy would never be able to do anything against Calzaghe except get destroyed.

Lacy has to be a B-level fighter if Joe is an A. But probably B- ,a prime Lacy is a good two steps below Joe.

Comment

Yeah and you euros need to quit acting like Lacy was some sort of great win and proof of how "great" Calz was... Lacy was not a bum but very mediocre, a B-level fighter.

Comment

Jeff Lacy had an absolutely dead average resume when he fought Calzaghe and anyone he has ever faced who is better than average he has been pretty much dominated by.

These are facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
          Everyone calzaghe beats automaticlly goes to "bum" status or "out of prime "

Of course the day before the fight they are top 5 p4p and belt holders, but after calzaghe beat the **** out of them they are "overrated bums" or " RJJ was too old " or "Bhop got robbed! "

American boxing fans can't stand to see a white european male that good. It hurts them that he retired undefeated sparking out lacy, rjj, then to top it off destroying bhop.
          The only fighter Joe Calzaghe has fought that was in the top 5 P4P was Bernard Hopkins.

Comment

Some people even thought he was going to win belts all the way up to HW

Comment

Originally posted by AntDawg View Post
              I don't see how anyone would think Lacy or Jones would have won...Lacy looked like crap in his fights before Calzaghe and Jones had been knocked out twice and hadn't beaten anyone notable at that division afterwards.
              There were quite a few people that predicted Jones would beat Calzaghe, but of course Joe was the favourite. But almost everyone predicted Lacy to destroy Calzaghe, and then he got dominated, that's a fact.

Comment

Jeff really only looked good in his debut years against nobodys

Comment

lmao @ joe fans.

pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                    no he wasnt a bum..he was the favorite..joe kicked his ass and ripped his soul out
                    I don't know about that...Maybe in america, but overall? I don't think so...

My brother and dad picked Lacy to win (they followed the sport, but not to the level they do now...And not to the level that I did), I told them Joe was going to out class Lacy.

Did I know it would be the way it was? No, but I didn't pick Lacy to win the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
                      I don't know about that...Maybe in america, but overall? I don't think so...

My brother and dad picked Lacy to win (they followed the sport, but not to the level they do now...And not to the level that I did), I told them Joe was going to out class Lacy.

Did I know it would be the way it was? No, but I didn't pick Lacy to win the fight.
                      Check threads on this forum (or any other boxing forum for that matter), the overwhelming majority thought Lacy was going to, not only win, but destroy Calzaghe. We all know how that worked out...

Comment

Working...
                      X