Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

23 years ago today...it happened....where were you???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed the fight. Had no clue about the biggest upset in the history of boxing until the next morning. I had a paper route at the time, and was sorting the sections, not even paying attention. Boom, it was on the front page. I was in shock.

Comment

Womb status

Comment

Sittin on the floor in my Maw's bedroom watchin the horror unfold as it was goin down. To this day I believe that the ref gave the long count to Buster when Mike floored him.

Comment

i was 10 years old watching the fight on TV, i still vaguely remember it

Comment

12 years old watching it on the couch. Can still hear my pops screaming " i cant believe what i just saw!"

Comment

In 11th grade, I was a pizzamaker/prep cook at an Italian restaurant. One of owner's sons came in the kitchen with the KO news saying "I knew Douglas would win!" The whole kitchen was arguing with him, I was in shock.

He was my favorite at the time, but if he had people around him who were looking out for him during that time in his life- things may have been different for Iron Mike. IMHO.

Comment

1 year old..... no i dont remember

Comment

i was just about to turn 1

Comment

I was still a sperm.

Comment

I was four years old. We watched the fight but I have no recollection.

Mike was compromised in that fight, but he still shoulda won. Douglas' bum ass got the long count.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X