Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't understand why people cook their vegetables.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] I don't understand why people cook their vegetables.

Once you cook a vegetables you kill all the nutrients. People always say I'm crazy for eating them raw yet there the ones that are always sick and out of shape. A cooked vegetable is a dead vegetable. EAT THEM RAW!!!

Not sure thats completely true. If you boil them then a lot of nutrients are lost in the water. But if you steam them they retain their nutrients and are easier to digest, meaning the body can get more out them.

Plus they taste nicer...

Our stomachs have become sensitive souls since we started cooking our food.

Comment

I eat for taste not health.

so you eat a potato raw?

Comment

Because we aren't animals.

Comment

Yes raw potato tastes so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
            Once you cook a vegetables you kill all the nutrients. People always say I'm crazy for eating them raw yet there the ones that are always sick and out of shape. A cooked vegetable is a dead vegetable. EAT THEM RAW!!!
            Another faddy food lie. Cooked vegetables retain most of their nutrients and are easier to digest.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
              I eat for taste not health.

so you eat a potato raw?
              I eat for health not for taste. No, I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                Not sure thats completely true. If you boil them then a lot of nutrients are lost in the water. But if you steam them they retain their nutrients and are easier to digest, meaning the body can get more out them.

Plus they taste nicer...

Our stomachs have become sensitive souls since we started cooking our food.
                You're talking out of your ass. Steamed or boiled you're killing the nutrients. Raw vegetables are just as easy to digest than steamed.

Comment

do you like raw cabbage?

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
                    You're talking out of your ass. Steamed or boiled you're killing the nutrients. Raw vegetables are just as easy to digest than steamed.
                    Raw broccoli is as easy to digest as cooked broccoli? You pretend that you're an expert on nutrition but you really don't have much of a clue do you? It's basically repeating the latest fad you read about in a fitness magazine.

Comment

Working...
                    X