Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Pac's Chin Stand Up to Bam Bam's Punch after Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Difference is that Pac will see Rios' punches coming.
    I agree.....

Comment

That would actually be the perfect come back fight for Pac because he would maul Rios over in three or four rounds. The public would view it as a very dangerous fight for him but he and his team would view it as Pac against Margarito's kid brother.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Difference is that Pac will see Rios' punches coming.
        Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
        hes way to slow and doesnt have enough defense for pac... hes tailor made for him.
        i agree with both of these posts.

mainstream fans think its punch vs chin that decides if a fighter can withstand punishment or not but its not that simple.

marquez hit pacquiao with countless right hands over the course of their rivalry, the reason that one punch knocked him out is marquez walked him into it and pacquiao never saw it coming.

rios doesnt have the skill, intelligence or speed to do that. he aint walking pacquiao into ****, he will be happy to land cleanly. pacquiao does have a great chin and will be able to absorb a hard punch, to knock him out you have to hit him with a perfect punch.

martinez-williams is another example, it wasnt the brute force of martinez' punch that caused the KO it was the timing, intelligence and precision that made williams not only unable to see the punch coming but run straight into it.

pacquiao would annhilate rios, its a mismatch. not only is pacquiao the far superior fighter but rios is tailor made for him. he has none of the attributes that made marquez beat pac.

Comment

Rios is not in this class period ! he will get wiped out , its a BS fight through and through its nothing more than GIVE ME for Manny and Arum, milking , if Floyd was fighting Rios you lot would be screaming blue murder !

Comment

one way to find out, right? make the fight happen. robert garcia's people and arum have hinted towards it, imo it's still a good fight to make. brandon is a come forward fighter, he'll make pacman look good. after pacquiao got KO'ed, i said he should have a farewell fight in the phillippines and call it a career. but it seems he and his people are not looking to retire just yet.
            i'd like for marquez to retire, but if not, make pacquiao/rios first before making a 5th fight (if they intend on making one). if not, pacquiao/rios and then pacquaio/bradley. there's no denying pacquiao looked good before getting KO'ed, i want to see if he can put a performance like that against bradley.
            Last edited by chiguy91; 12-12-2012, 08:23 PM.

Comment

It depends on how Manny mentally deals with that knockout, I understand why he should or would beat Rios but if his head isn't right and his reaction dulls a bit because of it Rios could catch him and if Rios starts catching him it could get interesting.

It is kind of a risky comeback fight an excellent cross road fight.

Comment

pac will use the same strategy against margarito. in and out.

Comment

Rios's punch will not be the same as Marquez's.
                  Marquez hit him while Pac was coming forward with a full power counter right.
                  Rios is going to try and turn it into a phone booth fight and Pac will eat you
                  Arum needs to make this fight if he wants to continue the Pac PPV train

Comment

I logged in here to find out if this thread was a joke! Honestly I am NOT a fan of pacman!, but he will knock out rios quick! It wIll be lIke watching pacman vs Ricky Hatton again! I like watching rios because he is the kind of fighter that makes every fight a war...

Comment

It's the same chin he has always had. There is no proof that getting KOed with one punch ruins a fighter's ability to take a punch for ever. Duran was KOed in a simular fashion by Hearns but it did not lessen his ability to take a punch in future fights. He still had his iron jaw after the KO by Hearns. That's just one of dozens of examples I could list. That punch would probably have KOed any welterweight alive. A terrible beating like Trinidad gave to Mayorga and Vargas might hurt a fighter's ability to take a punch but that's different than one big bomb. Pacquiao KOs Rios just like he would have before the Marquez 4 fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X