No announcement yet.

I think Andre Ward is "that good"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Andre Ward is "that good"

On revising even some of his earlier fights you can tell he is a special boy, his ability to adapt on the fly is the most vital thing, and it makes him a nightmare for anyone to deal with.

Even prime Jones would have real problems with ward, sure Jones would have success early, but if ward was still in there after the fourth, he'd figure Jones out and start schooling him

Everyone else loses big time, even calzaghe, who I'm a fan of

Ward is going to finish his career with people whispering G. O. A. T

He might not be it, but he'll be in the conversation

He has talent.... I just hate some of the things he does.

Comment

He;s what age 28 now? There is definately a lot of time for him to cement a legacy like what your talking about, but I don't think he'll be anywhere near consideration for top 10 of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by DanboSmitty View Post
        He;s what age 28 now? There is definately a lot of time for him to cement a legacy like what your talking about, but I don't think he'll be anywhere near consideration for top 10 of all time.
        Ward has like 10 years left, and he's already done so much

Carl froch, Arthur Abraham, chad Dawson, mikkel Kessler, I mean that's the basis of a very good resume, and he's still got time.

Forget about him ever losing, it's not going to happen, it's just how many names he can get on his resume now

Comment

Hopefully...

Comment

His versatility is what stands out to me too. He can use his speed to control distance and land combinations from the outside, or he can get in the trenches and infight, or he can switch leads without batting an eye.

His place in the history books is yet to be written but he is young and should have many productive years ahead of him. I hope he chases a legacy as well as big paydays.

Comment

Ward is what I would call a very advanced fighter, and as it stands today or presend, no one else falls in to that category.

Comment

He can fight like the old guys and school the newer guys with any style he pleases. I used to be neutral but lately he's turned it on (since Froch) and he's done nothing but impress the hell out of me.

Comment

I dont see how hes not #1 P4P as of right now? Really how can Floyd n Pac n others be above him??

Comment

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
                    I dont see how hes not #1 P4P as of right now? Really how can Floyd n Pac n others be above him??
                    I think it's close between him and floyd.

Pacquiao is such a different fighter from the guy who was wrecking Hatton and cotto, I don't think he should still be ranked so high, he's badly faded imo

Comment

Working...
                    X