Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a nickname for Larry Merchant or a drinking game?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a nickname for Larry Merchant or a drinking game?

I know some call him vodka breath, my friends and I just call him LM but do you have a certain nickname for the legend? What about a drinking game? Everytime LM says something off the wall, take a shot.

Greatest color commentator in hbo boxing history.When that man dies i will cry no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      Greatest color commentator in hbo boxing history.When that man dies i will cry no joke.
      He certainly makes boxing better. I know people that aren't fans of boxing but are fans of Merch.

Comment

too bad Augustus already claimed "drunken master"
        would be perfect for Merchant :laugh:
        he's just plain old Larry though, no nicknames

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          He certainly makes boxing better. I know people that aren't fans of boxing but are fans of Merch.
          I forget the fighter but larry said what do you think of your peformance,dude said i did good put my game plan to work,larry said well you bored the hell out of me i laughed so damn hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            Merchant is more punch drunk then most retired boxers

Comment

"Calzaghe not only schooled Lacy, but he flunked and expelled him"

de la hoya mayorga, prefight:

lampley: "will the seething undercurrent of the buildup now be reflected in what we see in the ring?"

merchant: "probably. sure. because mayorga is a rude, crude dude in the ring as well as outside. in a sense, what we have here is class warfare with boxing gloves....mayorga looks at him as a hated slumlord, and oscar is coming to collect the rent"
              "Chris Byrd has two punches - pitty and pat."

"All of Mayweather's fights are the same and they're not exactly spectacles, not edge of your seat stuff. They carried him into to the Baldomir fight dressed like Russell Crowe, a warrior, but he ended up fighting more like Sheryl Crowe. He has Vernon Forrest: "First of all, I would like to thank God for my victory..."

Larry (interrupting): "You ought to thank the judges."great skill but he doesn't have you on the edge of your seat."

After Ibeabuchi KO'ed Byrd: Shame on Chris Byrd. He never stopped *****ing, instead of defending himself and fighting.

Comment

"Froch says winning this fight is his ticket to stardom. Will he reach the station or get stuck on the tracks? Let's find out".

Comment

Not to big a fan of Merchant. I like brawls just as much as the next guy, but unless you're in there just slugging it out then Larry just hates on you. I can understand he's seen a lot of great fights in his time, but now it just seems that he wants to see nothing but slug outs. I can understand that to a degree, but don't hate on dudes that are doing something you've never done before in your life just because you didn't find it entertaining. I used to like Merchant a lot back in the day, not so much now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    Not to big a fan of Merchant. I like brawls just as much as the next guy, but unless you're in there just slugging it out then Larry just hates on you. I can understand he's seen a lot of great fights in his time, but now it just seems that he wants to see nothing but slug outs. I can understand that to a degree, but don't hate on dudes that are doing something you've never done before in your life just because you didn't find it entertaining. I used to like Merchant a lot back in the day, not so much now.
                    Did you read my quotes the guy is comedic gold and he doesnt even know it.

Comment

Working...
                    X