Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the fear/nerves of sparring ever go away from some of you ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the fear/nerves of sparring ever go away from some of you ?

I still hear a lot of pros saying they are scared . I can relate .. I have big nerves just thinking I am going to spar. This occurs until I tap gloves with my parter ; after that it is all instinct and I'm calmed .

How do you all feel ?

i'm the type of guy that walks into the gym and if someone asks to spar 100% i will say yes even if they outweigh me

when i first walked into the gym i was nervous at every sparring match but now i take every opportunity i can get because i got a fight coming up and my gym isn't for pure boxing it's kickboxing/boxing you can't really find pure boxing gyms here anymore.

Comment

I do Muay Thai . Best of luck to you ! Why weight class are you in ? First fight ?

Comment

I don't believe that it ever goes away completely, everybody has nerves before exchanging fists. Either you make the fear/nerves work for you, to keep you sharp, or you let the fear consume you and you fold. The champions will step up to exchange no matter what............Rockin'

Comment

I always have this weird feeling in my stomach before I spar, and like you said it all goes away once the action starts. This is especially prevalent when it's been a while since I've been in the gym.

Comment

never, always like the first time

Comment

The only time my nerves went away was when after 6 months in my local club,from 4.30 pm until 7pm i knew every one who trained at that time and i knew i could out box them all lol this consists of 7 to 8 people youngest been 16 and oldest been 45 im 30yrs old,but recently due to work commitments ive been going at 10am somedays, and what do you know! the good old nerves are back because im facing the unknown!! it really is a case of how you control your feelings or as roy might say go hard or go home,you have your head guard on 16oz gloves gumshield inn your crown jewels have a cup protector if your breathings good then your good to go.

Comment

I get the nerves when a bunch of guys just show up from another gym. I just know I'm gonna have to spar that day it's mostly because I've never seen them box before but if I see them shadow box and they look slow then I usually have no worrys whilst gearing up

Comment

A brave man and a coward both feel the same amount of fear, its their actions in the face of that fear that separates them.

Comment

great stuff guys. Ever seen a guy get KO with 16 oz gloves?

Comment

Working...
                    X