Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's say Lopez can take Canelo's power...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is like Archie vs Canelo again...

Comment

Judging by the comments, it seems like this match-up has all the makings for a huge upset. An underestimated, well-rounded and tough fighter going up in weight against a protected and largely untested fighter backed by the GB hype machine. WAR JOSESITO!! If Broner doesn't get upset by Escobedo, i'll put some points on Lopez.

Comment

His chances would be much better of course. I still like Canelo to win because I think he is better all the way around. When Canelo was going to fight Ortiz there was lots of debate on here over who would. I thought Canelo would easily beat Ortiz but many disagree. This fight will show how they did against the same tough fighter just months apart. To be fair you can just consider how Ortiz did before his jaw was broken. I don't think Lopez is going to last more than a few rounds but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
          I don't think know if it's as much about whether Lopez can take Canelo's punch (I think he will) as much as I think it's about can Lopez hurt Canelo. I just don't see how he can. To be honest, if Ortiz hadn't been fighting with his mouth open and gotten his jaw busted, I don't think Lopez was really hurting him with his punches. BTW, I was noticing how weird Ortiz jaw looks anyway with his mouthpiece in (mouth shut) before the fight. I noticed it in the Mayweather fight too. It's almost like the mouthpiece is too big for his mouth, it just looks off, like he has a mouth full of water or something.

Anyway, I really like Lopez and would love to see him win against Canelo. But I don't think you can beat Canelo unless you can HURT him... and I don't know the Lopez can do that TBH.
          Exactly what I'm thinking. Lopez's power wasn't exactly hurting Ortiz, it was just a great punch that messed up his jaw. The problem for Lopez is that he will not hurt Alvarez at all, at least I don't expect it. He'll be tough and take the beating as long as he can, but that's about it.

Comment

Ok, very bold prediction .

Lopez by KO.

I saw Alvarez badly hurt by Cotto and there's just something sneaky in the way Lopez fights.

I like both fighters by the way.

Comment

Working...
            X