Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Floors Salido Four Times In Injury Shortened Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Floors Salido Four Times In Injury Shortened Win

It was going to take a special performance for any of the fighters to separate themselves from the rest of the pack on HBO’s live tripleheader.

Mikey Garcia was well on his way to delivering in spades, before a headbutt left him with a broken nose and forced to accept a technical decision win over Orlando Salido. The win earned the unbeaten Californian a featherweight belt Saturday evening at Madison Square Garden’s The Theatre in New York City.

Scores were 79-70 and 79-69 (twice) in the contest, which was stopped just prior to the start of the ninth round. [Click Here To Read More]

Good show by Mikey, only wish he saw it to the finish.

Comment

I guess they didn't want Garcia to become the next Juanma. people forget Juanma dominated Salido until he got clipped.

Garcia couldn't finish the fight with a broken nose? what a disgrace to his mexican blood. they didn't want to take any chances so they protected him. they should have let battle it out and win the right way

Comment

looks like salido run is done those wars with lopez took a lot out of him garcia picked him at the right time and looked very good lets see who he fights next no need for a rematch

Comment

Good dominating performance by Garcia but I can't help but think that they saved Miley from seeing the championship rounds. FYI Miley had never been 12 rounds.

Comment

I didn't get to see it, but its funny hearing all the haters complain.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
              looks like salido run is done those wars with lopez took a lot out of him garcia picked him at the right time and looked very good lets see who he fights next no need for a rematch
              I diss agree there should be a rematch. Salido's best chance of winning the fight was to take Mikey to the late rounds, and they robbed him of that chance.

That's what makes boxing so great a fighter can lose every min of every round and come back to win the fight. Like Bailey vs Jones. It's what separates boxing from other sports.
              Last edited by bigcursedawg; 01-20-2013, 12:38 AM.

Comment

He wanted a way out and he found it

Comment

don't know what to think of Garcia,it seems to me that his conditioning isn't that good and once salido just started throwing wild punches he looked uncomfortable,although 32 isn't really old,all of those hard fights recently maybe did take something from him,mikey is just the fresher,younger fighter who has never been in a tough fight like salido,i still need to see mikey in with a fighter who hasn't taken much punishment to see what he has,it was a good win no doubt about that

Comment

Mikey dominated from the very start. Salido was coming on strong there at the end though. Shame it had to end in such an anti climatic way.

Comment

Working...
                    X