No announcement yet.

Ring Ratings At Welterweight Are Disgustingly Bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    I think he beat Bradley too. But the fight was still controversial regardless. But if they are going to apply that logic to Bradley, why won't they apply it to Marquez?? I still don't see how Paulie & Brook can be ranked over Bradley either.
    its not rocket science.

the ring see bradleys fight with pacquiao as a loss. therefore, what else has he done at welterweight? he beat abregu. where as paulie won a title and brook won an IBF eliminator.

doesnt mean its right, but thats how they see it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      So Marquez beats Pacquiao twice, but both times get treated like the loser, and Manny the "rightful" winner.

Pacquiao loses a controversial split decision and gets ranked like the winner, and Bradley like the loser.

Double standards.
      not really, pacquiao vs marquez 3 was still a close fight. i had marquez winning, but i can see why pacquiao got the decision.

pacquiao bradley wasnt anywhere near as close.

Comment

It's funny, a few years ago people were talking about how it was one of the most stacked divisions in boxing, now it is worse than the heavyweight division.

Comment

Also lol at Pacquiao being ranked no. 1 at Welterweight.

He has looked like **** in his last three fights.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
            its not rocket science.

the ring see bradleys fight with pacquiao as a loss. therefore, what else has he done at welterweight? he beat abregu. where as paulie won a title and brook won an IBF eliminator.

doesnt mean its right, but thats how they see it.
            True...Bradley hasn't really done much at welter except beat abregu and get a gift against PAC. So no issue with him being ranked #6. IMO #6 is very generous.

Comment

It's actually better than it's been for the past couple of year, with the jwws moving up. If you think this is bad, check 168:

#2 Stieglitz
              #4 Oosthuisen
              #6 Groves
              #9 Edwin Rodriguez

That's 3 decent prospects well inside the top 10. Even Zaveck is better that Stieglitz

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                It's funny, a few years ago people were talking about how it was one of the most stacked divisions in boxing, now it is worse than the heavyweight division.
                Come on, it's not that bad at all. It still has the two of the three best fighters in the sport, Tim Bradley is very good, and a lot of good fighters are moving up.

It's looking better than it was a year ago, when Berto was the only good fighter besides Pac and Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  Mayweather fought in May man.
                  At 154 my man. 154>welterweight

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Come on, it's not that bad at all. It still has the two of the three best fighters in the sport, Tim Bradley is very good, and a lot of good fighters are moving up.

It's looking better than it was a year ago, when Berto was the only good fighter besides Pac and Floyd.
                    No the division is piss poor and the fact that Bradley and Pacquiao are dominant fighters in that division proves my point. If Welterweights like Hearns and Leonard existed, heck if welterweights like De La Hoya, Mosley and Trinidad were still around. Pacquiao and Bradley would be fighting at Jr Welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      No the division is piss poor and the fact that Bradley and Pacquiao are dominant fighters in that division proves my point. If Welterweights like Hearns and Leonard existed, heck if welterweights like De La Hoya, Mosley and Trinidad were still around. Pacquiao and Bradley would be fighting at Jr Welterweight.
                      It's still not worse than heavyweight. Berto and Ortiz are better than most heavyweights, and they're arguably not even top 5 at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X