Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a serious question. Why is Cotto so hated by some?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
    I'll start of by saying that I'm from Puerto Rico, but I am objective and tell things like I perceive them. I must say that I have never found Cotto to be very "friendly" like Trinidad or Gómez were, so I never developed that affinity like with those two. Sometimes, I have even felt that Cotto has been arrogant in interviews and flat out refused to be the succesor of Trinidad, which is his prerogative and I respect that, but I can understand why even some of us don't feel the same from him as we did with Trinidad.

That being said, Cotto has all my respect and admiration for his skills and fighting spirit. Say what you will about him as a person, but his courage and heart is unquestionable. He only "quit" one time in a fight that was a lost cause. The guy just did not have strength to fight back any more. Still, all the wars against Malignaggi, Judah, Mosley, Clottey, etc. seem to be overlooked.

Even if he "quit" against Margarito (I'm not even getting into the possible handwrap issue), he deserves props for what he has shown in other bouts. One fight does not make a whole career. Chavez quit against DLH in the second fight and nobody questions his courage, and neither do I. Erik Morales, who's one of my favorite fighters ever, "quit" against Pacquiao in the third fight and no one holds that against him. Even Roberto Durán, who's one of my absolute favorites ever, quit against Leonard and that did not hurt his legacy in the long run. I don't know, I think that with some objectivity, several fans would understand better and appreciate the efforts of a ring warrior.
    You sir, are a terrific poster, judging by this post. If we had more posters like you discussing boxing objectively and calmly without resorting to insults or racism, this would be a much better site. Green K sent!

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
      You sir, are a terrific poster, judging by this post. If we had more posters like you discussing boxing objectively and calmly without resorting to insults or racism, this would be a much better site. Green K sent!
      Thanks, man. I just like to call it like I see it. I could never be blind and biased and, from what I have read from your posts, you seem to be like that also. Sigue así, varón.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
        Don't foget to include yourself as Margo's biggest ***ryder, dj...nobody had photochopped Cotto to look like Jesus, even though he was never accused of cheating, ever..
        BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! dj =

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
          and people call me crazy but over all and you can disagree here, I think Cotto did the most over all physical damage to Pac, well that was until a couple weeks ago when Marquez whipped him.

But to me Cotto landed some vicious shots on manny...

Saturdays fight is going to come down to Miguel making the proper adjustments and we already know what needs to be done, he has to drop that bike and pick up a skate board and turn Margarito and take advantage of his poor footwork, run his shots off turn him and as Margarito adjust to reset he must hit him before he is reset and turn him again.

if he does this he will hit tony and be out of the way for the return fire... which is what Mosley did, it is some what, what Pac did. the reason Miguel gassed in fight one he was on that bike and throwing alot.

and Margarito was just like a wall closing in on Miguel which never gave Miguel a chance to gain a 2nd wind because Tony didnt allow him time to rest in there... He better go after that eye in this fight, and I aint saying this in a ****ed up way if I am in Cottos corner thats what I am going after, because as a result of fight 1 and the Pac fight, this mother ****er can take everything you throw at him and will keep coming.

its really his best chance to win
          I love that analogy.

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Any man that thinks Cotto is a coward I only have one question for them. Would they get into the ring again with a man that utterly destroyed them previously?

That's honestly about the bravest thing a pro fighter could ever do. Stare down the man that destroyed you, who's bigger & stronger & fight him again, that **** is gangsta.
          Miguel Cotto...like a boss.

Don't foget to include yourself as Margo's biggest ***ryder, dj...nobody had photochopped Cotto to look like Jesus, even though he was never accused of cheating, ever..

I am loving this thread more and more by the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
            TB, I agree. He is a great poster.

It should also be noted that the referee and the corner is supposed to stop a fight prior to or at the point of the fighter having nothing left to give. So, Cotto went beyond the measure for honor. He did not fail himself or us, the corner and the referee failed him.

Comment

Cotto is like bullly.

He play tough guy then when some guy punch back he run like woman.

he big tough guy when he can punch u, but when someone punch him he run away like in Pacman Magrito fights.

I don't like bully who turn into woman when get hit.

run away from midget and run away from brawler.

big bully turn soft is cotto.

Comment

I didn't make that picture, it was given to me by one of my mates.

Sorry.

In a way...Margarito is like Jesus...an innocent man that was punished.

Comment

This was just an honest thread that I felt I wanted to start. I have been surprised by some of the replies because they have actually shown respect instead of the bias or hatred seen other times. It's been a revelation in some cases. There's been several interesting responses, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
                    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! dj =
                    Not in the slightest.

Comment

I hate him because he's effeminate, has bad female tattoos all over his body, tweezes his eyebrows etc. I hope Margarito annihilates him

Comment

Working...
                      X