Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach ''Ruben Olivares Is The Greatest Mexican Fighter Of All Time''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Roach ''Ruben Olivares Is The Greatest Mexican Fighter Of All Time''

Roach said this in his boxing news column a few months back.

Is there a case for this, does anyone agree?

i agree with Roach and said Olivares was the greatest ever Mexican fighter around 12 months ago on this forum

Comment

Robert Duran.

Duran is half Mexican.... that makes him Mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_Por_Libra View Post
        Robert Duran.

Except he is also half Panamanian, was born and raised in Panama, started boxing in Panama and recognises himself as a Panamanian. That makes him from Panama.

Olivares is undeniably a top 3 Mexican, wouldn't argue too much with someone saying he was first.
        Last edited by NChristo; 12-01-2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          Except he was born and raised in Panama, started boxing in Panama and recognises himself as a Panamanian. That makes him from Panama.

Olivares is undeniably a top 3 Mexican, wouldn't argue too much with someone saying he was first.
          I was born and raised in the US, and I'm American. Does that mean I'm not consider Mexican because I wasn't raised and born in Mexico?

It doesn't matter if Duran was born in raised in Panama because his dad is still Mexican. He's half Mexican, half Panamanian. He's still Mexican.

Comment

I was born and raised in the US, and I'm American. Does that mean I'm not consider Mexican because I wasn't raised and born in Mexico?

It doesn't matter if Duran was born in raised in Panama because his dad is still Mexican. He's half Mexican, half Panamanian. He's still Mexican.
            Fine, whatever tickles your pickle.

You are the first person I've ever seen call Duran Mexican and rank him in the Mexican ATG list, generally these lists are made up from boxers who are actually from the places that the lists are for.

Comment

Robert Duran.

Uhhhhhh, no Duran is Panamananian.

On Topic I think JCC is the greatest Mexican fighter but, an arguement could easily be made for Olivares, Sanchez(when taking potential into account) or Lopez.
              Last edited by Barn; 12-01-2010, 05:03 PM.

Comment

if im right there was a time when ruben olivares entered the ring at a whooping 50-0-0-50 kos . thats amazing

Comment

Originally posted by LouisvsWalcott View Post
                  Roach said this in his boxing news column a few months back.

Is there a case for this, does anyone agree?
                  I've argued this wonderful subject before. My case has always been for Olivares, so I indeed concur with Roach. Too much attention for the #1 spot heads in the direction of Chavez --- he's a worthy candidate & has a good case, but far too many people have him there.

Comment

Ask any Mexican fight fan they will tell you JCC. They may mention sanchez potential but the answer is always JCC

Comment

Working...
                    X