Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the difference between the United Kingdom, Great Britain, and England?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the difference between the United Kingdom, Great Britain, and England?

What is the difference between the United Kingdom, Great Britain, and England?

The United Kingdom is a country that consists of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. In fact, the official name of the country is "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland."

Great Britain is the name of the island northwest of France and east of Ireland that consists of three somewhat autonomous regions: England, Wales and Scotland.

Therefore, England is part of Great Britain, which is part of the United Kingdom. The U.K. includes England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are not countries but the United Kingdom is. The remaining portion of the island of Ireland (that which is not the U.K.'s Northern Ireland) is an independent country called the Republic of Ireland (Eire).

I never knew that.

Originally posted by Saint Anus View Post
    What is the difference between the United Kingdom, Great Britain, and England?

I never knew that.
    how comes? where you been chilling on mars

Comment

cornwall is the greatest country in britain.

that's all you need to know.

Comment

They are countries just not independant, to my knowledge anyway. They all have their geographical lines, their own governments and educational systems. However they all share an economy and the UK is recognised as the represntive nation at a international stage.

Im not sure its as simple as the open post suggests.

Comment

Originally posted by Knickerbocker View Post
          cornwall is the greatest country in britain.

that's all you need to know.
          county my friend

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
            county my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Knickerbocker View Post
              lol hahahahaha thats a start,they are nothing on thier own and it will never happen,palestinianens will get thier land back before cornwall is free

Comment

SOAR ALBA

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post

SOAR ALBA
                  this sunshine

Comment

My aunt is from Glasgow.

She doesn't consider herself British, only calls herself Scottish.

Comment

Working...
                    X