Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is fighting two times a year good for a 22 year old boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is fighting two times a year good for a 22 year old boxer?

is this smart for a young boxer to do this? Can Canelo get better this way especially if his competition does not rise?

Sure, it's smart if you want to make money. Less fights, less risks.

Comment

Originally posted by Troav View Post
      It's a joke that he made 2 million for the Lopez fight

Comment

Canelo has been improving, and up until the ****ing Lopez fight they had been gradually stepping up his competition. Tried to fight Williams, Kirkland, Ortiz... what more do you want out of him?

Looks like their going to try to make Canelo-Cotto and he has to fight the winner of Lara-Vanes after that if he wins.

Comment

He fought 4 times last year. He should fight three times in 2013. May, September, and December.

I'm surprised he wouldn't at least fight Bundrage in December, grab that title and vacate it.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
            It's a joke that he made 2 million for the Lopez fight
            That's not all he got 2mil for

Comment

imho young fighters should fight 3-4 times a year, then dwindle to 2 fights as they grow older...

Comment

Originally posted by Troav View Post
                Just out of curiosity how many times a year do you think a 22 yo fighte should fight? I like how their bringing up santa cruz and benavidez in terms of activity but for canelo at this point i would say i 3 fights a year is good

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
                  Just out of curiosity how many times a year do you think a 22 yo fighte should fight? I like how their bringing up santa cruz and benavidez in terms of activity but for canelo at this point i would say i 3 fights a year is good
                  It depends on the quality of opposition, and how quickly/easily he beats them. I think he could've fit in one more fight this year against Molina or K9, but now he wants to call the shots and say he's not fighting in December.

Comment

A bunch of non boxers, suggesting to a boxer, how often he should box.

#Boxing

Comment

Working...
                    X