No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez vs Austin Trout????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez vs Austin Trout????

We keep hearing about how Sergio can make 154 and would come down for the right fight, so what about him fighting Austin Trout??? I'd be willing to bet Austin Trout would even meet him at a CW.

How about this fight at some point next year???

Martinez shouldn't be wasting his remaining fights on Trout. He should be fighting Mayweather, GGG, Pirog, Geale, or Chavez II

let Trout fight Lara, Canelo, Molina or Kirkland.

Comment

Sergio shouldn't waste time on a Chavez rematch, that's strictly a money grab. I agree he should me focusing on cleaning out 160 instead of calling out smaller fighters. He can easily fight Golovkin, Geale, Pirog, Quillin, and clean out the division completely.

But if he's so keen on proving he can still fight at 154, why not fight Trout???

Comment

If he wants Mayweather he should really have a fight at 154 beforehand to see how he copes
        Chavez rematch is a waste of time

Comment

Sergio isn't a Pac or Floyd. I can understand them not fighting a Trout, who brings absolutely nothing to the table for them, but Sergio isn't a big time PPV fighter like those two.

He should be fighting Golovkin, Geale, Pirog, Quillin, or someone at 154 like Trout if he can make 154 like everyone's saying.

Comment

What a dumb fukin thread. Why go after Trout? Not in the same division.... Why kill yourself making the weight when he brings nothing to the table?

Literally the worst thread you've made.

Its like saying Ward should come to 160 to fight Geale.

Comment

you made this thread with an agenda "I agree he should be focusing on cleaning out 160 instead of calling out smaller fighters"

Yet you made an entire thread basically asking him to fight Trout.

"Why not fight Trout?" Maybe because he's the Middleweight Champion and if he's going to go down in weight his opponent has to have something to offer. Mayweather is one of the greatest in boxing history and he can make Martinez Millions and while giving him exposure and at the same time enhancing his legacy

Canelo will give him exposure and Money which he's trying to accumulate before his time runs out.

Trout will get him what exactly? a competitive fight? he can stay at 160 for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                What a dumb fukin thread. Why go after Trout? Not in the same division.... Why kill yourself making the weight when he brings nothing to the table?

Literally the worst thread you've made.

Its like saying Ward should come to 160 to fight Geale.
                .......It's possibly the top 154 fighter against the top 160 fighter......I even mentioned a CW, possibly 157-158. I guess Sergio is content wasting his remaining fights on Martin Murray and a Chavez rematch then.

Sergio should stop acting like a PPV star, because he's not even close to that. He can't use the "He brings nothing to the table excuse", but then stay calling out smaller fighters who bring way more money than he does.

And it's not like Ward coming down to 160...Ward hasn't fought at 160. According to some on here, Sergio can make 154 easy.

So why should he fight Murray and a pointless Chavez rematch, and not other top fighters around his weight???
                Last edited by 4Corners; 12-03-2012, 06:53 AM.

Comment

I understand matching people at different divisions but both divisions have lot of challenges for both guys, IMHO martinez has no reason to fight at 154 unless its a mayweather type opponent complete with fame and fortune...

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    .......It's possibly the top 154 fighter against the top 160 fighter......I even mentioned a CW, possibly 157-158. I guess Sergio is content wasting his remaining fights on Martin Murray and a Chavez rematch then.

Sergio should stop acting like a PPV star, because he's not even close to that. He can't use the "He brings nothing to the table excuse", but then stay calling out smaller fighters who bring way more money than he does.

The bigger fighter never comes down for that fight, unless he's as dumb as chad dawson, and trout has in no way proven to be the best fighter at 154. Him and floyd just beat cotto so how the fuk does that make him the best 154 fighter.if he cleaned out 154, you'd possibly be making a little sense instead of looking like you have an agenda to protect a certain fighter who's balls you want.

Comment

Working...
                    X